Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 0 - 60 performance of automatic

Default 0 - 60 performance of automatic

Can anyone confirm the original actual 0 - 60 figures for automatic NA1. I've found figures from 5.8 to 6.8 to 7.5 compared to the manual which is quoted to be 5.6 seconds.

Hang on - you've driven both! Using the stats instead of your experience seems ... well ... a bit strange!

I suspect from your postings that you're mostly interested in low miles for low(er) cost, in which case an auto is a great choice. So if the performance of the auto you drove was fine, why not just buy something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by goldtop View Post
    Hang on - you've driven both! Using the stats instead of your experience seems ... well ... a bit strange!

I suspect from your postings that you're mostly interested in low miles for low(er) cost, in which case an auto is a great choice. So if the performance of the auto you drove was fine, why not just buy something like that?
    I didn't drive any of them quickly, it was more about the difference between the drive. The auto felt fine but I would like to know which of these supposed 'official' figures is actually correct for my reference.

I'm happy to admit I'm torn, today I'd nearly decided to go for the auto on condition/colour and only one owner as it's perfect except the auto aspect but, I didn't dislike driving the auto.

I had looked at more photos of the purple one which I think is probably a more saleable choice being manual and a targa but I have to be honest, it's a nice car but it just doesn't look like the NSX I dreamed of years ago. The colour is fine but the interior, although nice isn't what it choose.

I've only had one other car mentioned to me which sounds like it'd be a good option and may come up for sale, but they want more than I can stretch to. If I had plenty money I'd buy both the auto and purple one but getting just one will be tight but I think it'll be worth it.

4. Default

Phil, what does it matter? You aren't going to be doing any 0-60 sprints anywhere are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Phil, what does it matter? You aren't going to be doing any 0-60 sprints anywhere are you?
    You're correct, but equally I never drive at anything approaching the maximum speed of a car either but I'd still want to know the max speed figure.

Quote Originally Posted by philboo View Post

I had looked at more photos of the purple one which I think is probably a more saleable choice being manual and a targa but I have to be honest, it's a nice car but it just doesn't look like the NSX I dreamed of years ago. The colour is fine but the interior, although nice isn't what it choose.
    To add to your dilemma there are a pair of black NSX seats on EBay if you wanted to go for the purple and change the interior. If it hasn't been mentioned before I think Sudesh changed an interior for another owner so it might be worth looking at the thread to see what was involved.

With regards to performance the Honda NSX brochure quotes for the f-matic max 162mph and 7.5 0-60

Hope this gets you further down the line to NSX ownership.

regards Rich

Reading all your posts on this site your story is so very similar to mine. I am 44 and when I was 21 I can remember looking through a showroom window at an NSX thinking maybe one day (but not really believing I would ever own one) In one post you spoke about your CRX, well I loved preludes. I bought a used 2.0i that I loved and ended up owning twice (a story for another day) The car was a manual and on the second time of ownership the mileage was over 100,000 and the rear arches had started to disappear but still drove really well. Later that year a 2.3 4ws auto in mint condition came up for sale and I just had to have it. Even though the car had more features and condition was great I still missed my old manual 2.0i. I nearly jumped at the first NSX I saw last year (an auto) but after speaking to the guys on this site and my Prelude experience I now own a manual car and are really happy. I had the front bumper, bonnet and wings painted on my car at Christmas ( an easy decision as they had been painted before) In600 miles I have a few stone chips so your never keep your car in mint condition and trust me you will be driving your car any chance you get. Don't get too hung up on performance figures as when your driving your own NSX you won't worry if it reaches 60mph in 5 or 7 seconds. Good luck.

There are a lot of parts that need changing to do a full interior colour swap, including the dash, door cards, carpets and side trims. Good thing is that there are a lot of black parts available second hand as it's the most common colour.

Quote Originally Posted by coolfunkyd View Post
    Reading all your posts on this site your story is so very similar to mine. I am 44 and when I was 21 I can remember looking through a showroom window at an NSX thinking maybe one day (but not really believing I would ever own one) In one post you spoke about your CRX, well I loved preludes. I bought a used 2.0i that I loved and ended up owning twice (a story for another day) The car was a manual and on the second time of ownership the mileage was over 100,000 and the rear arches had started to disappear but still drove really well. Later that year a 2.3 4ws auto in mint condition came up for sale and I just had to have it. Even though the car had more features and condition was great I still missed my old manual 2.0i. I nearly jumped at the first NSX I saw last year (an auto) but after speaking to the guys on this site and my Prelude experience I now own a manual car and are really happy. I had the front bumper, bonnet and wings painted on my car at Christmas ( an easy decision as they had been painted before) In600 miles I have a few stone chips so your never keep your car in mint condition and trust me you will be driving your car any chance you get. Don't get too hung up on performance figures as when your driving your own NSX you won't worry if it reaches 60mph in 5 or 7 seconds. Good luck.
    Thank you so much for sharing that with me, makes me think I'm not totally mad. The prelude was also a great car back then.

I'm not sure if I should just wait and keep saving, just don't want to look back in 2 years and think I wish I'd bought one.

Quote Originally Posted by L696ULO View Post
    To add to your dilemma there are a pair of black NSX seats on EBay if you wanted to go for the purple and change the interior. If it hasn't been mentioned before I think Sudesh changed an interior for another owner so it might be worth looking at the thread to see what was involved.

With regards to performance the Honda NSX brochure quotes for the f-matic max 162mph and 7.5 0-60

Hope this gets you further down the line to NSX ownership.

regards Rich
    Thanks Rich

You can see why I'm interested as I also found a 7.5 figure but also these others:

6.8 seconds http://www.carfolio.com/specificatio...car/?car=13002

6.8 seconds

http://eng.motorsporlari.net/car/tec...282&make=Honda

6.6 seconds
    http://www.automobile-catalog.com/auta_perf1.php

6.3 seconds
    http://www.automobile-catalog.com/ca...automatic.html

Just seems a big difference between 6.3 which I think is definitely wrong to 7.5seconds and I just wondered what the offical honda spec was.

I think I still have a 1989 magazine review hidden in a box somewhere.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast