Thread: Honda NSX 3.0 Targa, 43k miles on eBay

Default Honda NSX 3.0 Targa, 43k miles on eBay

Just appeared on eBay a Blue 1997 Targa 1 owner+demo £43995, not the red manual I was after, I'm sure this will sell quickly as it looks good. Is this a more sensible buy than the 16K mile auto plans have I'm considering ?

That looks like strong money to me. If it does sell quickly then it is a sure indication that prices are well on the up. I wouldn't be at all suprised if it doesn't just not sell.

MC

I think it's a 'how long is a piece of string' question. Early red low mile auto coupe vs later purple higher mileage manual targa....a few differences there! But only you can decide what your priorities are. For me, a targa was essential (I wanted a car with a full 'wind in the hair' experience), others will disagree completely. And I wasn't colour sensitive but I'm very happy to be tooling round in an orange car. Again others will hate it - but vive la difference.

My only two bits of 'advice' are:

- if you are tempted is to have a look at the purple one and see if you like the colour. Purple and tan is a truly marmite combination.

- if you intend to drive the car, don't get hung up on low mileage. Mine has 97k miles and most people think it has done 20k - these cars are not Ferraris (and that is a good thing). Kaz often mentions that cars that are driven are often better mechanically that garage queens
    Daily driver: Jaguar iPace HSE
    2000 NSX Coupe, Circuit Blue, was W2NSX now V6NSX
    Renault Megane RS Trophy R
    Other interesting mode of transport: Bell JetRanger

Yes, quite a difference and I certainly had no plans to look at anything like that originally and I'm not sure even now I'd go for it. Just there's so little around (especially manual). It looks a nice car though.

The 'sold prices' thread is interesting to look at and shows a general upward trend in the cars but with no private ones around to see what dealer vs private car prices are like you can only compare the dealer price against dealer price.

Looks nice. Targa is lovely. Id have a Targa over Coupe any day, they are just so good.

Interior - Black seats would mellow the interior somewhat. Easy swap

Also a later model with PAS and its a manual. IMHO unless you need an auto, It would have to be a manual

Price, maybe a little optmistic. NA2 prefacelift shouldnt be far off that money
    Not another NSX project!
    Porsche 997 GT3
    Porsche 981 Boxster S
    BMW E46 M3
    1998 NA2 Midnight Purple Targa Manual - Gone - to Thailand
    1999 NA2 Kaiser Silver Manual Track Car - Gone - and found its true destiny on the race track
    1992 NA1 Sebring Silver Coupe Manual -
    Gone (although still in my showroom in storage)

Looks like is gone from eBay, still I would say that if the next buyer does not like the seats, whilst easy to change. the carpet will have to go too, and that is more involved. Also the seats are neither abundant, nor cheap to buy, and the after market covers for the most part are not to the same standard of wear as the OEM ones.

It looked a nice car and has sold quickly it seems. Hopefully the new owner will be on here.