Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More details revealed

Quote Originally Posted by oneillg1201 View Post
    Really don't see what all the fuss is about. Yes its a new model, yes its got some new technology, but its is hardly a gamechanger in the way the NA1 was. Yes the new one is pretty(ish) but looks very similar to any other R8, Porsche, McLaren, Ferrari etc etc and doesn't excite me in the same way the NA1 did when t came out. It was THE poster al young boy had on their bedroom wall. I doubt that the new NSX will stir the emotions in the same way (even in red)
    i have to disagree on one point.......the poster all boys had on their wall was the lamborghini countach in white!! right? and as far as gamechanging and stirring emotions....no its not the v10 that we were all hoping for a few years back but lets give it a chance eh? i admit i was disappointed with some of the styling cues but its grown on me and im even a little bit excited to be honest....i even considered putting a deposit down for one!!
    Last edited by unclebob; 04-07-2015 at 03:49 PM.

just been reading up on the specs for the civic type r, disappointing the red line is only 7000rpm....remembering the 2000 version type r and its jdm counterpart who'd like to bet that the JDM version will redline at 8000rpm?

Quote Originally Posted by oneillg1201 View Post
    ............ doesn't excite me in the same way the NA1 did when t came out. It was THE poster al young boy had on their bedroom wall.......
    Really?

Not round my way it wasn't. It was all Ferrari's, Porsche turbos and Lamborghini's. With my fascination for all things Honda I was most certainly in a minority of 1.
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Quote Originally Posted by unclebob View Post
    i have to disagree on one point.......the poster all boys had on their wall was the lamborghini countach in white!! right? and as far as gamechanging and stirring emotions....no its not the v10 that we were all hoping for a few years back but lets give it a chance eh? i admit i was disappointed with some of the styling cues but its grown on me and im even a little bit excited to be honest....i even considered putting a deposit down for one!!
    I think the factor that tells me that this is nothing more than a cynical marketing ploy by Honda is that if they called this anything other than NSX there wouldn't be as much interest.
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123