Thread: Centre vent not working

Default Centre vent not working

Guys

just out today in the car and the centre vent doesn't seem to be blowing air out- any ideas why?
    i searched and there seems to be a lot of info to wade through and I couldn't find anything specific.

has anyone experienced this and how did you sort it?

thanks

jamie

Quote Originally Posted by jamieburke View Post
    Guys

just out today in the car and the centre vent doesn't seem to be blowing air out- any ideas why?
    i searched and there seems to be a lot of info to wade through and I couldn't find anything specific.

thanks

jamie
    I experienced this with my car before the controls packed up all together, so I'm almost certain your heater control unit has developed a malfunction.
    Contact Kaz, who repaired mine a few years ago, will no doubt confirm what I think has happened to your climate control unit.
    If so you will just need to remove it and send it of to him so he can do his magic.
    Good luck anyway.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Quote Originally Posted by jamieburke View Post
    Guys

thanks

jamie
    Try this and report back: http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Trouble...Control_System

Blog Entries

Hi, Jamie.
    If you are saying that there is no air flow from any of the vent/mode, then try rotating the fan speed control dial located at the right side all the way clockwise to max speed setting. If suddenly you started to get the air flow but only when the fan control at max speed setting, then this is a typical A/C Climate Control Unit (CCU) failure mode.

If you are saying that you don’t get any air flow from the centre vent even when manually selected but fine in other vent/mode, then you may have issue(s) on the CCU, mode motor, linkage wire, etc or simply something obstructing the VENT mechanism.
    I saw security, ICE, etc cables blocking the mechanism from time to time.

As in NSXGB's post, try the method from Wiki on NSX Prime. The original is actually from the workshop manual attached below.

Kaz
    Attached Files Attached Files

Kaz

finally getting around to sorting this issue- how much work is involved in sorting these potential issues?

are they time consuming/ costly?

Blog Entries

Hi, Jamie.

Could you provide us with the answers to the questions in my previous post above?
    Depends on the answers, it could be simple as replacing just the blower motor relay or it could be more serious and your CCU board may need majour refurbishment if it is the main cause of your issue(s).

Kaz

I not need to add much more to this as Kaz covered the points. But more info would good.

All I can add to this is, on a few NSX when they were in for refresh, I removed vent and air blowed out the cluster build up they get over years, I do this with air gun by compreser, but you have to know what your doing and compreser speed. The amount of dirt, hair, mould etc would blow you away!

I have also used the same method on the Lambos, Mercs, porch, etc that come in and they are same.

Other issue as Kaz would know and tell you is......The electrics. He told you already what to do there.

Please share more info.,

Kind regards.....Sudesh
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。