Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NSX bubble!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
    5 NSXs for sale at Plans Motorsport....they are helping to keep the bubble alive.
    Plans seems to advertise cars on PH that are actually long gone. I suppose it must be in order to entice people to phone through with an enquiry.

Mani.
    2003-2011: S2000
    2011-2015: LBBP Coupe
    Present: 911 50th Anniversary Edition

Quote Originally Posted by manisandher View Post
    Plans seems to advertise cars on PH that are actually long gone. I suppose it must be in order to entice people to phone through with an enquiry.

Mani.
    That old chestnut.
    Good old fashioned car dealer carrot.
    Last edited by Pride; 01-04-2015 at 02:49 PM.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Quote Originally Posted by soddy View Post
    so it got an engine with 47k? well that sounds good does it not?
    sorry i know very little about nsx engines and found it a bit strange that the other one went like it did, as vtec engines are always so reliable.

just wondering why a manual was at that price as they have all shot up in price.
    I think that that car falls into the modified category, sadly regardless of amounts of money spent modified cars rarely achieve a return on mods. Hence why so many people break some cars or return them to stock. Too many mods for purist and "investors" shy away from unoriginal cars. Just look at the modified and converted cars prices in Japan. Most people will not mind a few minor mods ( exhaust, headers, intake ) or some cosmetics ( NSX-R wings, etc. ) , but SC, FI, widebody and 02 plus conversions hardly "increase" the value by the amount they cost. After all modified cars are unique and that in itself limits the market.

mmm i see. i suppose restoring air con is expensive and tricky sourcing parts?
    just manuals have gone up so much of late. tough getting something under 30k.

I had to re do mine and it was a pain sourcing an evap unit. It's an expensive part but based on the price you pay for the car you are saving a few quid in order to purchase. Compressors can be easier to source but pricey as well. Presuming all the pipe works have gone too you can see why car is discounted. I was certainly out a few £££'s sorting my car out after purchase

massive weight saving in the car if kept out though
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

JB's old car, but the price wow !?

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...dition/3915187
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Far be it for me to talk down NSX prices, but I cant help but feel that is quite ambitious!

Still, if you don't ask!
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

"With the new NSX expected to arrive in 2016 now is the time to purchase and own the original before prices rise"

Great idea! I'll buy one at this end of the market just in case I can't find a cheap one anymore lol...

We are still on the third planet orbiting the sun aren't we? Did the Eclipse change something?
    Last edited by Hagasan; 02-04-2015 at 10:36 PM.

9. Default

some nsx owners make me laugh. When a 991 gt3 goes up by 50k overnight the owners don't go online and laugh....don't do yourselves any favours
    Formula Red NA2
    Imola Orange NA2
    Yellow NA2

Quote Originally Posted by mjames75 View Post
    some nsx owners make me laugh. When a 991 gt3 goes up by 50k overnight the owners don't go online and laugh....don't do yourselves any favours
    That's just it though, for a laugh. Just as I don't think one random owners quote is going to influence the market in any great way I hardly think my tongue in cheek retort will deflate it either...

I had a 964rs in the past, four Integrale Evo's and a few others that shot up in value. Much as I tried to tell everyone how amazing the prices were they were the buying public so just ignored me and bought anyway.. Again tongue in cheek

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast