Thread: After over seventeen years of ownership, some long awaited mods.

Default After over seventeen years of ownership, some long awaited mods.

For a long while now I've been wanting to refresh and brighten up the interior of my great car, so decided to buy a donor dash, cheers NSXGB, and get it trimmed in red/black Alcantara with contrasting coloured stitching.

After 4 or 5 hours of pulling, pushing and reworking the many many cables of the optional extras I've fitted over the years I eventually got it in, and WOW what a fantastic end result.

I took it for a lengthy spin this afternoon and the clarity of view through the frontscreen is now unbelievable.
    I also installed the chrome dash dial rings, again cheers Simon and a red stitched OEM gear knob to finish it all off.

I was considering re trimming the door panels next but now think the contrast between where the doors meet the dash is quite good so I will see how I feel in a few months.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	12411 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	398 
Size:	109.1 KB 
ID:	12412 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	420 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	12413 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	392 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	12414 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	387 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	12415

If anyone needs a donor dash to take their pride and joy to the next level then obviously I have one up for grabs.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Pride; 11-05-2015 at 07:15 PM.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

looks amazing! great work!

I don't know if I like the chrome rings. On one side it looks cool and makes the dials look more modern but on the other hand it looks a little like an Audi and I don't like Audi.

Bernhard

Quote Originally Posted by darock View Post
    looks amazing! great work!

I don't know if I like the chrome rings. On one side it looks cool and makes the dials look more modern but on the other hand it looks a little like an Audi and I don't like Audi.

Bernhard
    Thanks Bernhard, I know what you mean about the rings but having driven it again today I found I couldn't stop admiring the bright look they now have. Just as well really because they're not a cheap upgrade to buy new.

The "A" pillar trims are now with the trimmers as the light grey colour looked a bit odd. I've asked him to cover one red and the other black, then I can decide which is best for me.

When I disarm my Clifford alarm system in the dark now and the bright red interior lights turn on before I open the door the red dash trim and red stitching on the black Alcantara background are stunningly highlighted along with the red seats and door trims, stunning stuff.

God, that sounds very nerdy but you really need to see it to appreciate it.
    Pride.

2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

Please make a video for us

Bernhard

its almost got that new NSX look to the color combo down the centre console
    great work ... albeit there is a lot of red!
    bet it looks great when viewing with your own eyes

i have the rings in my car and i feel they lift the dash and give it a nicer look. i was too a tad concerned that it may look like german copy but i think it just helps retain brighten up the original cluster
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Originally there were two versions of the cluster rings available. I went for the brushed aluminium (or aluminum since they came from Yanksland) but the polished were an alternative. I don't think SoS sell these anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post
    its almost got that new NSX look to the color combo down the centre console
    great work ... albeit there is a lot of red!
    Thanks.
    Here's a better picture before installing it on Sunday.

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	332 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	12416
    Last edited by Pride; 10-03-2015 at 11:57 AM.
    Pride.