Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New NSX performance thread

Default New NSX performance thread

Just thought I'd start this thread, as Honda has today released data on the new Civic Type R. First thing is that it's gone faster around the Nurburgring than the NA1/NA2 NSX: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lXGmjt1FtQ - looks to be a seriously epic ride (turn down your bass before clicking the link!).

As far as I can see the times are:
    2015 Civic Type R at 7:50.63 (pre-prod)
    NSX-R NA2 at 7:56.73
    NSX-R NA1 at 8:03.86
    NSX NA1 at 8:16.15
    2001 Civic Type R at 8:47 (Doesn't appear to be a time for the last Type R)

Anyway, the new NSX will be the halo car for Honda, so now I'm idly wondering where it will appear in lap chart when Honda manages to get it round the 'ring sans inferno?

07:30?

Everything slower than a LF-A will be very much disappointing...

Quote Originally Posted by goldnsx View Post
    Everything slower than a LF-A will be very much disappointing...
    Well said there goldnsx, fingers crossed and a hurricane wind following, a sub 7 second lap could be on the cards, who knows?

A top three finish would stun the world yet again, turn up all settings to eleven Honda/Acura.

https://nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times-top-100/
    Last edited by Pride; 03-03-2015 at 08:05 PM.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Isn't one of the challenges for the new NSX at the 'ring that it's hybrid? If the batteries are unable to deliver through the lap, then they're just ballast for the latter parts of the lap. (IMHO, this is why McLaren have been so 'shy' with the P1's lap time.)

That's why I'm opting for a relatively conservative time. While hoping that Honda has something up its sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    Well said there goldnsx, fingers crossed and a hurricane wind following, a sub 7 second lap could be on the cards, who knows?
    Sub 7 second lap of a roundabout?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    Sub 7 second lap of a roundabout?
    Lol, I might of known you'd spot the (deliberate) mistake.

Come on guys, let's all hazard an educated, or in my case an UN-educated guess as to what time the new NSX hyped supercar will achieve when it finally decides to burn up the ring again later this year.

My guess: 7.59
    Pride.

2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

7. Default

I have the chance to drive one soon, full report coming!
    Formula Red NA2
    Imola Orange NA2
    Yellow NA2

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    Lol, I might of known you'd spot the (deliberate) mistake.

Come on guys, let's all hazard an educated, or in my case an UN-educated guess as to what time the new NSX hyped supercar will achieve when it finally decides to burn up the ring again later this year.

My guess: 7.59
    Slower than the civic would be a big shock!

I'll take 6:56

Here's hoping...

L*
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

Quote Originally Posted by Lankstarr View Post
    Slower than the civic would be a big shock!

I'll take 6:56

Here's hoping...

L*
    OMG, I've done it again, I actually meant 6:59
    Pride.

It's seems there needs to be some transparency around that time. This is what PH reported.

"The big Type R news is the Nordschleife lap time. Honda made a FWD record a development goal from the off and has sent a test car round in 7:50. So four seconds quicker than the Renault and eight seconds quicker than the SEAT. The caveat? No front seat, air conditioning or stereo. This was to offset the weight of the full roll cage, added purely for safety reasons and absolutely not for rigidity. No sir. Not one bit.
    There's some confusion about the tyres as well. Wouldn't be a ring 'lap story without that, would it? So Honda maintains the development car was "in a standard state of engine tune, with suspension, drivetrain, exhaust, brakes and the aero package identical to those of the production Civic Type R." Continental has designed tyres specifically for the Type R but without any confirmation of what they are yet. "The test cycle during which the 7:50.63 lap was achieved was part of the tyre's development and testing process" is the official line from Honda. Curious."

No doubting the new cars potential but we need to see what a production spec car achieves, I appreciate that many on here won't give a toss, Honda back producing performance cars is the most important factor. Price stands up well against it competition too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast