Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OEM Injectors cleaning: Yes or No?

1. Default

I think I will stick with the "if it works, don't touch it" strategy.

The car runs very strong, on the track a 997 Carrera S does not pull away so I think the injectors are working just fine

I had mine cleaned and tested at Prickartz Consult in Germany, who charged EUR 11.90 per injector two years ago. The owner was very helpful and since they are the German distributor of ASNU injector cleaning equipment, I'm sure they know how to use it.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by greenberet View Post
    I had mine cleaned and tested at Prickartz Consult in Germany, who charged EUR 11.90 per injector two years ago. The owner was very helpful and since they are the German distributor of ASNU injector cleaning equipment, I'm sure they know how to use it.
    That's a great price.
    Now 2 questions:
    why did you want to clean them?
    Did you notice any difference after they have been cleaned?

Quote Originally Posted by cadrega View Post
    I think I will stick with the "if it works, don't touch it" strategy.

The car runs very strong, on the track a 997 Carrera S does not pull away so I think the injectors are working just fine
    Maybe the injectors are fine but the o-rings and seals are not. After 15 years they're usually shot/weak. While changing them doing an injector cleaning won't hurt. My CTSC hibernates for more than 4 months. This is a scenario injectors don't like and a CTSC depends on the fuel supply. Better safe than sorry. The worst thing you can do to a car (even a Honda) is asking 100% of the engine power for the first 100 miles after a long storage time.

greenberet needs 100% for his Autobahn runs.

About two years ago I bought a set of RDX injectors. I had the new injectors tested before installation to see how much each one flowed. Since the cylinders closer to the throttle tend to get a bit less air than those further away, I wanted to know the individual injector flow rates so that I could decide where to place each in the intake manifold. According to the tests, one of the injectors was an outlier. Cleaning didn't impact the flow rate much, which is not surprising since all of the injectors were factory new. So I bought a seventh RDX injector, had that cleaned and flow tested as well, and now have a relatively evenly matched set of six plus an oddball.

Since I didn't do a before/after road test, I can't say whether the cleaning made a difference. But if you're looking for 100% for your Autobahn runs, as goldnsx says, it can't hurt!

Before I fitted my CTSC I had my injectors cleaned last year by these guys

http://www.asnu.com/index.htm

ASNU Corporation Europe Limited
    65-67 Glencoe Road
    Bushey
    Herts
    WD23 3DP

Tel: 020 8420 4494

I think it cost about £90 IIRC?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12