Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Yellow NSX restoration

looks fantastic mate, yellow is a great colour on the nsx, look at nobby's na1. bright colours look good on na1 and na2 cars.
    i have used krust to treat surface rust so interesting o know if it's similar stuff. the other stuff i used was the green gel that you
    brush on then leave a few hours, work in and reapply then after a few hours wash off and turns the brown rust to a nice silver metal.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by soddy View Post
    looks fantastic mate, yellow is a great colour on the nsx, look at nobby's na1. bright colours look good on na1 and na2 cars.
    i have used krust to treat surface rust so interesting o know if it's similar stuff. the other stuff i used was the green gel that you
    brush on then leave a few hours, work in and reapply then after a few hours wash off and turns the brown rust to a nice silver metal.
    Thanks,

Yeah, the bilt hamber stuff just stops rust going furthur and seals the area, the gel will strip the rust away but as it was pretty rusty was worried i would have nothing left, after winter hopefully will get new brackets and seal from new so they never rust again!
    Formula Red NA2
    Imola Orange NA2
    Yellow NA2

3. Default

been busy working on the yellow car and about to get wheels refurbished, took the red car for a run....we didn't have a race!
    Formula Red NA2
    Imola Orange NA2
    Yellow NA2

4. Default

Still cleaning the suspension and arches, removed all the plastic linings and had to replace most of the clips and screws. Removed most of the underseal and replaced with new. Very time consuming as I used steam mostly as wanted to avoid harsh chemicals around the bushes etc.

Still got to remove brake discs and paint dust guards and treat any rusty areas.

Just undersealing the other 3 corners now....
    Formula Red NA2
    Imola Orange NA2
    Yellow NA2

So when and where is the concourse event then.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

6. Default

Painted Brake shields,anti roll bars and suspension spring coils that were rusty with por15, very serious stuff, no solvent can remove it and drys to a flexible coating but as hard as glass (double glazing!).
    Really strong stuff so important not to breathe it in! impossible for more rust to set it where por15 goes. Any rusty bolts i coated with a clear sealant. All this on 4 corners. Wheels should arrive this week
    Formula Red NA2
    Imola Orange NA2
    Yellow NA2

7. Default

Got the alloys back from Lepsons who have done an amazing job, before I put them on, time for a few coats of sealant and wax! New wheel nuts too...

Formula Red NA2
    Imola Orange NA2
    Yellow NA2

8. Default

No before pictures, but got most of the shine off the leathers and treated them with leather feed.

Formula Red NA2
    Imola Orange NA2
    Yellow NA2

9. Default

New pedal Covers

Formula Red NA2
    Imola Orange NA2
    Yellow NA2

The attention to detail going into this refresh is to be applauded .. it really is looking very healthy and can endorse Lepsons workmanship too.

The pedal covers, do them simple 'stretch' into place?

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast