Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Photos of the new production ready NSX

the second article made me smile when I got to the photos of the NSX-R ... the cars pictured are replicas, one from Miami (note the LHD/gold calipers), the other is also a rep (LHD / red calipers)

Good to know stuff is planned ... Ive said before that Honda should mimic the R8 programme but in lower volume to preserve the values
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

A quick pictorial update on the new NSX, it made me smile anyway.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	157 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	12559
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    this one???
    http://www.acuranews.com/releases/re...a-nsx-unveiled

a couple of pics from Meeyatch1 on prime (which appears to have crashed!!!)

an maybe the oddest bit, the 'engine bay'

relive the launch here.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dup2vCGey4
    I wonder why they chose red for all their publicity shots? Hmmmmm?
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Because red is the slowest colour and that gave them plenty of time to set up their camera equipment and get the shot required before it slowly left the building!

Can anyone shed any light on the 'odd' number of tail pipes. Ferrari presented 3 on the 458 .. on a V8?? Now Honda present 4 on a V6??
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

the new CTR has 4, so surely it could not be out-done by it!

not a very good explanation i know ...
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Can anyone shed any light on the 'odd' number of tail pipes. Ferrari presented 3 on the 458 .. on a V8?? Now Honda present 4 on a V6??
    with the 458, all the exhaust goes out the centre pipe (really 2 half pipes) while revs are low/quiet mode. the outer 2 pipes, bypassing part of the silencer box, only coming into play once the car tells 2 butterfly valves to open....

the NSX has 4 because they can! it's looks much the same sort of system, but the quiet mode pipes are not siamesed as in the 458, the loud pipes in the middle, the quiet ones outside!

aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Type R ???

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	114 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	12591
    Pride.

2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

Thanx Jonathan, appreciate the explanation and photos ....

So whilst we're at it, I have another question ... I visited VGE cars a while back and as I often do, I took time to compare the various brake options on display.
    When looking at the OSF I consider the NSX deployment to be 'standard' by which I mean the front calipers are at the front of the disc, i.e. 3 o'clock ... So why do other manufacturers raise, reverse or lower the position, for example the Maclaren are on the back and 7.30, 458's at 9pm and HUGE, the F-type up at 11pm. Is it simply a case of packaging, or are there performance advantages to the alternative placement for the calipers?

rgds, Paul
    Senninha

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Thanx Jonathan, appreciate the explanation and photos ....

So whilst we're at it, I have another question ... I visited VGE cars a while back and as I often do, I took time to compare the various brake options on display.
    When looking at the OSF I consider the NSX deployment to be 'standard' by which I mean the front calipers are at the front of the disc, i.e. 3 o'clock ... So why do other manufacturers raise, reverse or lower the position, for example the Maclaren are on the back and 7.30, 458's at 9pm and HUGE, the F-type up at 11pm. Is it simply a case of packaging, or are there performance advantages to the alternative placement for the calipers?

rgds, Paul
    Interesting Paul.
    Caliper positioning is simplistically summed up in this YouTube video I found but what is interesting though is that our original NSX's front calipers where mounted toward the front of the car which tends to suggest brake cooling wasn't such a big issue on our relatively "light" and relatively "low" performance sports car which also nicely confirms the YouTube video conclusions.

Brake cooling is definitely a major design consideration though on the far more powerful and much heavier NSX2 as caliper positioning for cooling as well as weight distribution (toward the centre of the car) as they are far more critical than just symmetrical aesthetics.

http://youtu.be/HEIk0hJ7eGk

What do you think???
    Last edited by Pride; 18-02-2016 at 02:28 PM.
    Pride.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast