Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Acura NSX announced

1. Default Acura NSX announced

WORLD DEBUT AT 2015 NORTH AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL AUTO SHOW

17/12/14

TORRANCE, Calif., Dec. 17, 2014 – The production version of the highly anticipated Acura NSX supercar, successor to the legendary original NSX, will make its world debut at the 2015 North American International Auto Show on Jan. 12, 2015. The model will reflect the production design and specifications of the mid-engine Acura supercar that is slated to launch in 2015. To celebrate the impending debut of NSX, Acura released a 30-second teaser video that gives an early glimpse of the production car and the sound of its three-motor, twin-turbocharged Sport Hybrid power unit. View the video on Acura’s YouTube channel at youtube.com/Acura. https://www.youtube.com/user/Acura

“The next-generation NSX will deliver a ‘new sports experience’ true to its heritage and to the supercar concept that originally gave rise to the name NSX,” said Mike Accavitti, Acura division senior vice president and general manager. “The NSX will serve as the ultimate expression of Acura performance that is fueling a reenergised brand.”

An Acura NSX concept model made its debut at the 2012 North American International Auto Show, where Honda Motor Co., Ltd. President & CEO Takanobu Ito announced that development of a next-generation NSX would launch in three years, led by an American R&D team and produced at a state-of-the-art new plant in Ohio.

“After three years of intensive development work we are excited to reveal this next-generation supercar — the Acura NSX — to the world,” said Ted Klaus, chief engineer and global project leader over NSX development. “We’ve developed a human-centered supercar that responds to the will of the driver and that builds upon the NSX heritage.”

The next milestone in the launch of the NSX will be the reveal of the production version at the Acura press conference at the North American International Auto Show on Jan. 12 at 11:50 a.m. ET. Watch the press conference live at youtube.com/Acura. https://www.youtube.com/user/Acura

The NSX is being developed by a global team of engineers led by the company’s North American R&D operations in Raymond, Ohio, with design led by the Acura Design Studio in Torrance, CA. The Acura NSX will be produced exclusively at the new Performance Manufacturing Center in Marysville, Ohio, using domestic and globally sourced parts.

ENDS
    Mike

a sneaky peek... or should that be a very small teaser.. from acura

http://blog.caranddriver.com/heres-y...a-nsx-w-video/

not giving away an awful lot!
    Last edited by britlude; 17-12-2014 at 05:17 PM.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

[QUOTE=britlude;

not giving away an awful lot![/QUOTE]

Call me sceptical or not, but maybe it's because it's not finished yet.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Sorry, but if this IS a glimpse of the finished article it amazes me that the front discs look to be standard smooth cast, NON drilled, NON slotted models.

Or maybe you only get high performance discs on the "hard core" model later on in the year.

I don't know about you but with such garishly fancy designed open spoked wheels you would totally expect there to be a fantastic looking high performance disc backing them up as all eyes from every petrolhead will be looking down at these and laughing.

Come on Honda/Acura at least get the aesthetics correct please.
    Pride.

2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    Sorry, but if this IS a glimpse of the finished article it amazes me that the front discs look to be standard smooth cast, NON drilled, NON slotted models.

Come on Honda/Acura at least get the aesthetics correct please.
    No idea, but perhaps regenerative braking puts less demands on the disks

Even a sub 40k current Audi A5 have discs fitted as standard that make you look in awe NOT snigger and laugh in disbelief

http://allcars-world.blogspot.co.uk/...l#.VJHWO4HfWrU

Seee what I mean??
    Pride.

I know what you mean. But I am all about engineering and fitting what is right for the job. If plain disks do the job then fit them. If you have a bloated car with no energy recovery you WILL need big disks. That is not a sign of engineering success.
    I look forward to the day when there is no need for brake discs because all the energy is recovered.

MC
    Last edited by Mistercorn; 17-12-2014 at 10:25 PM.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mistercorn View Post
    I know what you mean. But I am all about engineering and fitting what is right for the job. If plain disks do the job then fit them. If you have a bloated car with no energy recovery you WILL need big disks. That is not a sign of engineering success.
    I look forward to the day when there is no need for brake discs because all the energy is recovered.

MC
    That may take a while!
    Formula Red NA2
    Imola Orange NA2
    Yellow NA2

And when the day finally arrives that we don't need kinetic energy to stop then I'm sure we won't be driving around in desirable performance cars either so in the mean time come on Honda please make you bloody wheels sexy to the eye as well as super effient technically, as I'm sure it can be done and at the right cost.
    Pride.

each front wheel has got an electric motor bolted to it, so plenty of retardation potential there already without a BBK!

what do you think stops your battery hand drill when you release the trigger quickly, its certainly not a brake disc and caliper????
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast