Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: My refresh / build

Evening All,

Apologies, still no update images yet as I am still away, but I have been in touch with the garage, and all the car is waiting on is the new alarm system fitted and MoT, which should be in the next few weeks but until then it's safely stored away. All going well I will be collecting the car sometime in early August, and then I will update again.

Cheers
    Jim
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

Morning All,

Just a quick update, car is now back on the road - MoT passed, taxed, then I go to collect it and notice a crack in the windscreen about 15 cm in the from the top corner on the drivers side!! hurumph!

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    Morning All,

Just a quick update, car is now back on the road - MoT passed, taxed, then I go to collect it and notice a crack in the windscreen about 15 cm in the from the top corner on the drivers side!! hurumph!
    That sucks. Assuming you are going through your insurance company. They normally then tell you to go direct through their accredited windscreen company. I did this last year and it was a massive pain. If I were to do it again, I would speak to them and find out whether they are going to order all the extra parts required for the repair. Otherwise they will send the windscreen guy out with the new screen which he cannot fit!
    TBH you only need three components anyway; 1. The yellow fixings that sit underneath the lower moulding (these are hard to remove without breakage), 2. The top channel strip that fits in the channel between the glass and the roof, and 3. The upper moulding strip that fits into the channel strip and needs trimming at each end. I guarantee you they will only order the windscreen and then everything else will be on back-order.
    However, the top strip and moulding strips are available through Amayama for £22.00 each, Or £75.00 from HUK, the robbing bastards!
    Last edited by Papalazarou; 11-08-2023 at 12:52 PM.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Ironically I just had the new upper strip fitted .

Oh and the price via auto glass (the approved company for my insurance) price through insurance £115, price paying private £3383.80 !

Guess I’ll use the insurance

Ironically I just had the new upper strip fitted .

Oh and the price via auto glass (the approved company for my insurance) price through insurance £115, price paying private £3383.80 !

Guess I’ll use the insurance
    There’s a chance you might be able to save the upper moulding.
    With mine, they turned up with the glass after three weeks. But nothing else. They had to order the other parts.
    Two months later they arrive. The guy came back, but didn’t have the bottom clips, so I had to glue the broken old ones back together and use them.
    A few later the guy delivered the new clips which I fitted. I think the total time frame was just over three months. When I asked why the delay, I was told that they weren’t an emergency service! I thought that was hilarious.
    Good luck Jim.

Cheers.

“When I asked why the delay, I was told that they weren’t an emergency service! I thought that was hilarious” … excellent, maybe not an emergency but isnt there a question about the legality driving with a cracked screen as well as integrity of the unit in the event of a further incident?
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Here we go folks, what we have been waiting for, the finished article (more photos to come when I collect).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c655e6dc-0914-4026-9817-8c4009317450.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	204.1 KB 
ID:	14859   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d26e076a-6cef-4ffb-94c2-d24f6fc5c05b.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	212.0 KB 
ID:	14860  

Here we go folks, what we have been waiting for, the finished article (more photos to come when I collect).
    That looks fantastic! You should be really happy with it. I look forward to seeing it next year at the NSX mega meet!

Just need to get that front plate off

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou View Post
    That looks fantastic! You should be really happy with it. I look forward to seeing it next year at the NSX mega meet!

Just need to get that front plate off

Cheers.
    On the front number plate issue, I went for the SoS front mount bracket, now (again) with hindsight I should have went for the "stealth" bracket that folds away underneath. If I need more parts from SoS I might have to add that on.

Cheers
    Jim

I'm having a little trouble uploading new photos, anyway car made it to Silverstone and back, although was only 99% ready, but I was determined to get it there.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast