Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UK order books closed.

1. Default UK order books closed.

Saw this article so rang local honda dealer to confirm.
    http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Se...Type-Rs-opens/

It would appear to be true!

100 people on the waiting list. I know I'm one of them. Anyone else on here?
    Last edited by Kaz-kzukNA1; 28-11-2014 at 01:38 PM. Reason: broken link

Quote Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
    Saw this article so rang local honda dealer to confirm.
    http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Se...Type-Rs-opens/

It would appear to be true!

100 people on the waiting list. I know I'm one of them. Anyone else on here?
    When will I get it?......Don't know. How much will it cost....Don't know. When Can I choose the colour....Don't know. Spec?.....Don't know. Thank you sir that will be £5000!!!!!! Maybe Honda aren't so daft after all
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

I hope the deposit is refundable because some one is going to be disappointed if they find out the price is more than they wanted to pay, or they don't like the colours available or the spec and numbers do not match their expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by oneillg1201 View Post
    When will I get it?......Don't know. How much will it cost....Don't know. When Can I choose the colour....Don't know. Spec?.....Don't know. Thank you sir that will be £5000!!!!!! Maybe Honda aren't so daft after all
    No, Honda's not daft, only joe public.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Quote Originally Posted by Mark N View Post
    I hope the deposit is refundable because some one is going to be disappointed if they find out the price is more than they wanted to pay, or they don't like the colours available or the spec and numbers do not match their expectations.
    It's in the nature of a deposit you won't get it back if you change your mind. Otherwise anyone can put down and withdraw a deposit and the car would have sold out a year ago. But if you Change your mind towards another Honda, maybe...
    I don't recall any open books in Continental Europe or am I wrong on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark N View Post
    I remember taking deposits the first time around ... and when it got close enough the choice was, err, one spec, manual or auto, red, silver or black (and you paid extra for the metallic!!).

That was it and we didnt lose a single deposit. You wouldnt get your deposit back on the 2015 model and dependant upon the contract you've signed, you may not be able to 'sell' your deposit either.
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

When I called to ask the local Honda dealer about the 2015 deposit, the only concrete bit of info the sales guy had for me was that the contract would not allow me to sell the new NSX within 6 months. Everything else was ... vague.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by goldtop View Post
    When I called to ask the local Honda dealer about the 2015 deposit, the only concrete bit of info the sales guy had for me was that the contract would not allow me to sell the new NSX within 6 months. Everything else was ... vague.
    Never heard of a non refundable deposit. With the spec so open, there's no way they can refuse to refund it. That said, I paid mine by credit card and over the phone so I get protection from both of those factors if necessary. I don't anticipate needing it.

I've not signed anything either. I had to beg for a receipt for them to even acknowledge I'd put my name down.

It would be great if there were no options, that's one of the things I love about Japanese cars. Spec is very high as standard, and if not is usually only available in discrete levels rather than an annoying individual options list.

Not sure if being the first to get one is the optimum anyway. One year later or so there will be a type R-version or the like (with a blink in the eye to McLaren cars).

I thought that they would be built to order - in other words you spec it how you want it (within the available parameters). The list is just that - they'll contact you when a build slot is available. Yes there will be options, or should I say choices, to be made. The days of a factory churning cars out, then waiting for buyers is over (in this market sector).

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast