Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stereo Delete

Beautiful!! I did the OEM NA1 NSX-R complete console and stereo delete on my NSX and loved it. But as I was doing complete NSX-R conversion, everything was stripped in my car. That final result you have is very VERY nice. Love the rims you have too. What are they?
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Hi Sudesh!

Hope you're doing fine! Sorry i saw your post today... donīt know how i missed it...

Thanks for the complements on the centre console! The wheels i have are Prodrive GC-07J (17x7.5 ET34 + 18x9.5 ET36)

I loved how your NSX-R interior looked! one of the best NSX interiors that i've seen!

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    Beautiful!! I did the OEM NA1 NSX-R complete console and stereo delete on my NSX and loved it. But as I was doing complete NSX-R conversion, everything was stripped in my car. That final result you have is very VERY nice. Love the rims you have too. What are they?
    Last edited by bbvnsx; 21-11-2016 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bbvnsx View Post
    The final result: the Type-Szero stereo delete plate installed (perfect color match with my center console):

I'm about the throw the stereo out as well. It's not its quality or age (actually it's fully revised incl. Alpine unit) it has more to do with a change of my music taste. In my daily beater I've an Alpine 196-DAB radio with classic music all day long that no UKW-station broadcasts to this extend.

I'm surprised and pleased to see that the stereo delete plate looks good. Just to make sure: is 77230-SL0-N50ZA the correct part no. for the plate in the pic above? The car is a 93 Europe model?

The alternative would be the SoS middle console but this ends up at EUR 350 and I'm not sure it the finish needs painting to match the rest of the car.

Besides that: if I really decide on painting the center console and the plastic in the doors to a Type S or Type R silver metallic color what would be the correct color code?

Thanks!

Hi goldnsx

Yes my NSX is a 93 Europe model!

yes It is the Type S Zero stereo delete plate Part # 77230-SL0-N50ZA

you also need screws (Qty 6) and washers (Qty 6) to attach it to the centre console, here are the par numbers:

6 x SCREWs, TAPPING 4X8 (93903-241-80)

6 x WASHER, PLAIN 4MM (94103-047-00)

Can't help with the silver metallic color sorry

Best regards,

Bruno

Quote Originally Posted by goldnsx View Post
    I'm about the throw the stereo out as well. It's not its quality or age (actually it's fully revised incl. Alpine unit) it has more to do with a change of my music taste. In my daily beater I've an Alpine 196-DAB radio with classic music all day long that no UKW-station broadcasts to this extend.

I'm surprised and pleased to see that the stereo delete plate looks good. Just to make sure: is 77230-SL0-N50ZA the correct part no. for the plate in the pic above? The car is a 93 Europe model?

The alternative would be the SoS middle console but this ends up at EUR 350 and I'm not sure it the finish needs painting to match the rest of the car.

Besides that: if I really decide on painting the center console and the plastic in the doors to a Type S or Type R silver metallic color what would be the correct color code?

Thanks!
    Best regards,

Hi Bruno

Thanks very much for your reply. I think I definitly go this route even though I've repaired my antenna last year for a lot of money for what it is...

One last question: Do you think that the antenna plug for the hole can be painted to match to color of the car (also red) or is it to soft to hold the paint in the longrun?

Thanks very much again!
    Last edited by goldnsx; 08-04-2017 at 06:55 AM.

Hi!

The antenna plug is soft rubber, so i donīt think it will hold the paint well... but this is a cheap part you can always buy two and try to paint one to see how it behaves on the longrun.

FYI i didn't paint mine.

Regards,

Bruno

Hi Bruno

Thanks very much for your reply. I think I definitly go this route even though I've repaired my antenna last year for a lot of money for what it is...

One last question: Do you think that the antenna plug for the hole can be painted to match to color of the car (also red) or is it to soft to hold the paint in the longrun?

Thanks very much again!

Quote Originally Posted by bbvnsx View Post
    ...you can always buy two and try to paint one to see how it behaves on the longrun.
    You seem to be able to read my mind. I'll give it a try.

Thanks again!

8. 20-06-2017, 08:32 PM

Reason
    didn't read the whole thread, sry

After waiting half a year for this very special part it finally arrived and my NSX now proudly wears the stereo delete plate from the rare Type S-Zero version, very nice. 100 % matching.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2829.JPG 
Views:	213 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	13156

Did the same with mine a while back.

Name:	rsz_console.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	154.3 KB 
ID:	13158
    1994 Formula Red | Advan RGIII | AD08 R | Stoptech BBK | GT-One N1 exhaust | NSXCA #3863

After waiting half a year for this very special part it finally arrived and my NSX now proudly wears the stereo delete plate from the rare Type S-Zero version, very nice. 100 % matching.

Name:	IMG_2829.JPG 
Views:	213 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	13156
    It's a shame you can't just hide the factory Bose head unit behind the panel allowing you to remove it as and when you fancied a bit of music or talk radio, far to extreme for my taste.

Presumably you did this to reduce the weight of the stereo, does that mean you also removed all the speakers, sub box and aerial assembly???🤔
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast