Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you pay for your car?

Default What did you pay for your car?

I realise that there are a lot of people on the forum who don't post very often, but here is one we can all good involved in.
    There is a lot of talk about the prices going up, but how much of that is asking price and how much is sale price.
    Fortunately on the NSX there isn't much to influence price. Age and mileage basically. So how about we see where prices are really going. Nothing to be shy about, you all bought one, so join in!!

Purchase date Year Model Mileage Price paid comments
    May 2014 2000 NA2 35000 £40k 2 year Kaz history, bodywork being restored (swirls and paint chips). Red, black leather

MC

Condition, then originality, then age and finally mileage. Lots to be shy about,when I sell mine sometime I'll be looking to prove I bought at the bottom and made a few bob! Yours looks on the money,saw it on its maiden voyage to Lorton.

Quote Originally Posted by pralognan View Post
    Condition, then originality, then age and finally mileage. Lots to be shy about,when I sell mine sometime I'll be looking to prove I bought at the bottom and made a few bob! Yours looks on the money,saw it on its maiden voyage to Lorton.
    Hello, you must be Mark and Liz's neighbour. It might make it up there again in a few weeks time. I was hoping to see yours but we didn't bump in to each other. Not sure why people are so shy. It is so hard to judge the market with the little information we have.

MC

So refreshing to see this thread as I'm looking to buy once the right one (Targa NA1 or NA2 with pop-ups) comes along. There always seems to be a handful for sale, yet the prices vary so much and some don't make sense at all (£40K for a 96 Targa on 70K miles). To get an indication of what people have paid over the last few years would be priceless for someone like me, as my purchase will be my first NSX. Wonder how many of the forum members can still recall when they bought their 1st one :-)
    Only the guy who isn't rowing has time to rock the boat. JPS

Honda NSX NA2 LBBP
    Nissan GTR R34 VSPEC II
    BMW E60 M5
    Honda ATR (sold and sorely missed )

It would be even more refreshing if anybody else joined in. Just out out of interest, for those who don't want to, why not? Anybody can find out what you paid for your house, why are you precious about car prices? In such a slow market this could be a valuable guide to buyers/sellers. Feel the community spirit...

MC

2006 1991 NA1 Manual 53000 £20k
    Now a completely different car....Supercharged, all need to change stuff done, complete exhaust upgrade, complete interior upgrade, Rear lights overhaul, Aftermarket wheels and suspension, carbon fibre bits etc.

Wouldn't sell for even £40,000...

SS
    Last edited by Silver Surfer; 02-10-2014 at 08:43 PM. Reason: more to say!
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

i like!!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
    2006 1991 NA1 Manual 53000 £20k
    Now a completely different car....Supercharged, all need to change stuff done, complete exhaust upgrade, complete interior upgrade, Rear lights overhaul, Aftermarket wheels and suspension, carbon fibre bits etc.

SS
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Hi MC,

It is quite possible that the low response levels are not down to shyness but more to do with the simple fact that the majority of owners at some point have stated that their NSX is a long term ownership prospect. For this reason alone price paid or potential market value is of little or no interest until the time does arrive to let these special cars move on to a new keeper.

There is also the other factor that is a natural instinct that regardless of the article, people want to undervalue when buying and then inflate when selling.

Guide prices have been posted previously, and will again, but in the end will be down to the obvious basics ...

History, Condition, and buyers appetite. When I bought mine over 8 years ago I had spent several months deciding what I wanted. A dark coloured NA2 Targa, pre facelift. The car I bought met these requirements and I paid what I was happy to pay. At the time it was probably higher than some would pay, but it was what I wanted. What's it worth, today I don't know, maybe £10k more than I paid in stock presentation, maybe not, but as I'm not selling its not really relevant.

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Hi MC,

It is quite possible that the low response levels are not down to shyness but more to do with the simple fact that the majority of owners at some point have stated that their NSX is a long term ownership prospect. For this reason alone price paid or potential market value is of little or no interest until the time does arrive to let these special cars move on to a new keeper.

There is also the other factor that is a natural instinct that regardless of the article, people want to undervalue when buying and then inflate when selling.

Guide prices have been posted previously, and will again, but in the end will be down to the obvious basics ...

History, Condition, and buyers appetite. When I bought mine over 8 years ago I had spent several months deciding what I wanted. A dark coloured NA2 Targa, pre facelift. The car I bought met these requirements and I paid what I was happy to pay. At the time it was probably higher than some would pay, but it was what I wanted. What's it worth, today I don't know, maybe £10k more than I paid in stock presentation, maybe not, but as I'm not selling its not really relevant.

regards, Paul
    I tend to agree with Paul. Like him I wanted a pre-facelift low mileage, unmodified, NA2 targa and finally got it after a 3 year wait. I count 5 others on this forum and I doubt there are many more in the country so very rare. I paid the price I wanted to pay from an extremely nice previous owner and the car has been carefully Kazzified ever since at some expense to get it in perfect condition. Would I get my money back - easily and with a profit based on current rising prices. Do I care? No, since I have no intention of selling. When I see how inferior cars like the Ferrari 308 are soaring in price I take it as indicative of the speculative nature of the market and not a reflection of a car's real intrinsic value as a joy to own and drive. If someone wants to buy an NSX since it appears undervalued in today's increasingly frenetic market to sell on at a profit, fine. This car deserves to appreciate but I would suggest that most of the members of this forum who are current owners don't care.
    1999 3.2 Manual NA2 Targa in Formula Red

Yawn. Another thread on here about prices and values. Next we'll be debating the wisdom (or not) of modifying our cars. Double yawn.
    Daily driver: Jaguar iPace HSE
    2000 NSX Coupe, Circuit Blue, was W2NSX now V6NSX
    Renault Megane RS Trophy R
    Other interesting mode of transport: Bell JetRanger

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast