Thread: Honda News - Honda Releases Details on All-new Civic Type R

1. Default Honda News - Honda Releases Details on All-new Civic Type R

With the automotive world about to descend on the 2014 Mondial de l'Automobile, Honda has released new details about the All-new Civic Type R due in European showrooms next year.

More...

'Better performance than an NSX', Oh well, beaten by a hot hatch. Time to sell up and move on?

MC

Quote Originally Posted by Mistercorn View Post
    'Better performance than an NSX', Oh well, beaten by a hot hatch. Time to sell up and move on?

MC
    lol, modern engineering eh, sure wait till next year and you can buy the new nsx, which will have better performance than the civic type r

but as with most things, times change and things move on! its easy to forget we are now comparing our car which is basically a 25yr old design with something cutting edge, new and fresh!

as seen on Top Gear, quite often cars once considered supercars are beaten by a modern hatchback shopping trolley and usually diesel!

just remember the computing power of 25 years ago, and the design tools available now.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

There is no such thing as 'once considered a supercar', they either are or they aren't IMO. I certainly know which car I would rather have, and it is the one which still be a classic in another 10 years time. I don't think I have ever heard a bad word said about the NSX.
    I guess I was just having a bit of a dig at how the reviews consider a car to be 'better' just because it can accelerate a bit quicker, there is so much more to what makes a great car than just the acceleration times (otherwise I would have just bought an E46 M3 coupe for £6k and got a better engine and the same acceleration). The looks, the history, the designs it inspired, the people who bought the car, the way it influences cars designed after it, technical innovations, not to mention the handling, driving position, noise, smell, how it makes you feel. These are all things that the NSX will have which the new Civic most likely won't. Perhaps the new NSX will have some. I don't think anybody in the last 15 years could possibly have bought an NSX on acceleration times, if they did they didn't really do their homework very well. So on that basis I think I might not sell just yet. Besides, I haven't cleaned up my suspensions arms and wheels yet.

MC

i meant supercars in terms of performance/handling....
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....