Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: NSX Resurrection attempt

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jivaldinho View Post
    This is that exact same one!!! It is only ever used on a track and for development and testing apparently.

Think you have read it wrong, hes not telling you honda have a type s...its a question
    Formula Red NA2
    Imola Orange NA2
    Yellow NA2

Quote Originally Posted by mjames75 View Post
    Think you have read it wrong, hes not telling you honda have a type s...its a question

My mistake, Just got so excited at seeing an NSX type S... a bit more info. This car has never been uk registered, it has never been on any UK roads. It is only ever used for testing and development hence why it in such a state and It has only done 15000 miles or so. At the end of the day I am just happy to have seen and been in an NSX Type S regardless of its story
    Family Car: Range Rover L322
    Sports Car: Porsche 911 C4
    Long Term Project: Honda NSX 99' 3.0 V6 Auto
    Facebook; NSX in the City
    check out my instagram jivaldinho and Supercarsofmcr

I have a spare set of NSX seats... Do you think they will mind if I swap out the Type S seats?

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

What happened to the lovely titanium gear knob? - without that the gear-change will be compromised....
    The hand brake looks wrong too.
    Seat side leather needs some tlc.

If you ask me its a total wreck and an embarrassment and the guys at MIRA will be laughing their socks off.
    jivaldinho, have your ever thought that VTec are just stringing you along with a big **** and bull story line.
    Think about it, what RND can they possibly be doing using an old Ford Orion gear knob and a handbrake that pulls up to the roof lining and that's just what we can see, no wonder it's never been road registered.
    There is simply no way this car is owned by HUK, and who ever does own it should hang their head in shame.
    Pride (which they don't have)
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

It's a very depressing state of affairs to have a type s in such a state regardless of who owns it.
    the seats just wanna make me cry
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Ooops, I just went and got the NSX-R steering wheel and NSX-R Air Shroud. I have the boss and the horn buttons already plus I have the opportunity to buy the carpets too.... now If only I could get hold of the seats!!!!

Also I have decided to have a play with adding a Nexus 7 to my setup but without adding the Navpod. Purchased the Nexus 7 dock and with a bit of modification will have it in place of the clock!

Family Car: Range Rover L322
    Sports Car: Porsche 911 C4
    Long Term Project: Honda NSX 99' 3.0 V6 Auto
    Facebook; NSX in the City
    check out my instagram jivaldinho and Supercarsofmcr

Quote Originally Posted by NZNick View Post
    What happened to the lovely titanium gear knob? - without that the gear-change will be compromised....
    The hand brake looks wrong too.
    Seat side leather needs some tlc.
    It isn't titanium Nick. Just unscrew yours and feel the weight, it weighs a ton! Possibly made from the same "unobtanium" as the ignition key

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    If you ask me its a total wreck and an embarrassment and the guys at MIRA will be laughing their socks off.
    jivaldinho, have your ever thought that VTec are just stringing you along with a big **** and bull story line.
    Think about it, what RND can they possibly be doing using an old Ford Orion gear knob and a handbrake that pulls up to the roof lining and that's just what we can see, no wonder it's never been road registered.
    There is simply no way this car is owned by HUK, and who ever does own it should hang their head in shame.
    Pride (which they don't have)
    I wondered where that car went. There were pics of it in a UK workshop years ago but it went missing... until now.

I wouldn't completely dismiss the HUK link although I can't think why they wouldn't work on it in their own workshops? It could be the car that featured in the 1997/1998 Honda brochure wearing UK reg L421 WMR, along with another black Type S (P888 RAM). The pics were taken at the Nurburgring so those cars were definitely in Europe, maybe they were never shipped back to Japan. That could explain why Honda never euro type approved/tested it and why it hasn't been/can't it be UK registered.

Both the above cars appear at the Nurburgring in these videos...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSzov3vIzsk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7FRwuq2krA

Cheers

Mark
    Last edited by markc; 03-05-2015 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Spelling
    The older I get, the faster I was

The orange car (in Mark's L421 WMR post) and vid #1 is an S-Zero - no stereo and no aerial hole on the rear passenger wing - see post # 5 pic # 2 and @ 6:52 in the first YouTube clip.

The "Honda" car in this thread has both a stereo (visually confirmed) and an aerial hole (guess).

Not the same car me thinks.

Not had the need to unscrew the knob yet Mark, just enjoying the sublime action of the shift ...... and yes, it does feel like the unobtainium key

Thanks for the links to the vids - I'll watch them in full tonight when I get home from work. Hopefully my car is OK as we have just had a severe earthquake not too far away.....

both house and car are undamaged - some light damage in Wanaka.
    Last edited by NZNick; 04-05-2015 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Watched the vids closely & earthquake update

Quote Originally Posted by NZNick View Post
    The orange car (in Mark's L421 WMR post) and vid #1 is an S-Zero - no stereo and no aerial hole on the rear passenger wing - see post # 5 pic # 2 and @ 6:52 in the first YouTube clip.

The "Honda" car in this thread has both a stereo (visually confirmed) and an aerial hole (guess).

Not the same car me thinks.
    You're right Nick the car at the Nurburgring is an S Zero but the car at the start of the first video (at Tanaka circuit in Japan) is a "regular" Type S.

This actually a 3 part video and I'd posted sections 2 and 3. The first section is here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7FRwuq2krA

VTEC say the car is from Honda R&D, which I think is in Germany (fro Eurpoe), not HUK so there may be more to the story. There's no question the car is exists and is currently in the UK unregistered. I wonder what happened to the black Type S (wearing P888 RAM) Gan San is tooling around Switzerland in?

Cheers

Mark
    The older I get, the faster I was

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast