Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dipping my toe in the water

Default Dipping my toe in the water

After years of procrastination I have decided that I would like to buy a NSX. The 1st piece of good luck I had was when I approached the local Honda dealer at the Oswestry show and they put me in touch with Roy, one of their salespeople, who turned out not only to be a font of information but also a NSX owner. We looked on Piston Heads and saw FY53FD which he thought had promise. I spoke to the owner who seemed genuine person and then I spoke to James, another contact of Roy's, who also seemed to be an encyclopaedia of information on these cars. If there is anyone else out there who has any information regarding this car or has any views/opinions about it, then I would be very appreciative if you would let me know.

Best regards

jsdejn

If I was in your shoes I would just go for as I did 16 years ago now.
    These cars in mho are virtually bullet proof and are often taken far too seriously for my liking.
    You will enjoy it believe me.

Do you have a link to the advert?

Not many for sale at the moment.

MC

Quote Originally Posted by Mistercorn View Post
    Do you have a link to the advert?

Not many for sale at the moment.

MC
    This one: http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...--2003/2235419 (owned by a forumite, I think)

I do believe it is owned by a forum member. It has been for sale for some time so obviously not a giveaway price. I don't know anything else about the car though I'm afraid. Welcome to the forum btw.

MC

Surprised that this car hasn't sold before now, at face value appears to be decent value for a facelift despite the mileage (for all that matters).
    2001 Honda NSX Indy Yellow SOLD

Thanks for the feedback, I am now away for 6 weeks but luckily so is the vendor so hopefully I will be be able to go and see it in October.

the mileage is nothing ... i too am very surprised it has not gone already
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post
    the mileage is nothing ... i too am very surprised it has not gone already
    I keep hearing that mileage doesn't matter, but clearly it IS important. If this car had 20k miles it would have sold. This is nothing to do with the cars not being able to cope with the mileage perfectly well, simply that lower mileage is more desirable.

MC

Quote Originally Posted by Mistercorn View Post
    I keep hearing that mileage doesn't matter, but clearly it IS important. If this car had 20k miles it would have sold. This is nothing to do with the cars not being able to cope with the mileage perfectly well, simply that lower mileage is more desirable.

MC
    In my opinion putting mileage on is even more important, the engines if properly maintained are good for half a million miles+
    These cars are meant to be driven not moth balled like other supercars, just enjoy enjoy and don't worry about "desirable mileage", life's too short.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast