Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finally, at long last.... I'm taking the plunge

Managed to flatten the battery - I think I left the interior lights on for a day or two - will investigate further this week. I'll pop into my local Honda dealer to see the price of a new battery and the plastic-coated retaining bar, which looks a little tired. While I'm there I'll order a couple of bits that seem to be missing - a seat foot cover and one of the spare wheel cushions. I have looked for a c-tek battery charger / conditioner, but they seem very expensive here compared to the price in the UK.....

Quote Originally Posted by NZNick View Post
    Managed to flatten the battery - I think I left the interior lights on for a day or two - will investigate further this week. I'll pop into my local Honda dealer to see the price of a new battery and the plastic-coated retaining bar, which looks a little tired. While I'm there I'll order a couple of bits that seem to be missing - a seat foot cover and one of the spare wheel cushions. I have looked for a c-tek battery charger / conditioner, but they seem very expensive here compared to the price in the UK.....
    FWIW, I flattened my NSX's battery by leaving the door not-quite-shut, and I think it must have been the door-mounted lamp that did it. Certainly hasn't recurred since.

Quick pic of my car just before it left Japan:

http://www.proslink.jp/carssold/img/180.jpg
    Last edited by NZNick; 23-10-2014 at 02:16 AM.

Looks fantastic - the car & its condition.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Looks very nice, like the colour

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    Nice one Nick, welcome to the Type S club, you've doubled the membership

If you haven't driven a Type S you'll be surprised how much firmer and louder they than the regular car. Great for when you're in a hurry, less so when you're just touring. Personally I wouldn't have it any other way.

If it's been serviced to Honda Japan schedules it should want for nothing but I'd double check that the harmonic balancer has been replaced or just do it anyway. My car is due the big cambelt etc service and in true "while your down there" style I plan on upgrading the LMA's to the later design (already purchased as set) as the reduced isolation of the Type S engine bay makes them sound a bit clattery from in the cabin at lower engine speeds.

Cheers

Mark
    Hi Mark,

I think that mine has the later design LMAs already.

Nick

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123