Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 - 25 years of the NSX

Quote Originally Posted by Paul G View Post
    Quick question....

As I have gone mad and booked two days this year can anyone let me know the situation around camping on site:

If camping do we leave cars at the display or drive them to the camp site, or have a choice?

If I decide to upgrade to a b&b or hotel (probably a few miles down the road!) what is the latest you can get out of the infield area as I would like to stay around for the evening entertainment?

Cheers
    PG
    Morning Paul, I too are camping and I was led to believe by an official at the media event I attended that you simply drive your car to the designated camp site and then camp next to your car.

B&B in the area, will, as you can imagine be completely booked by now.

See you there,
    Clive
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Quick question....

As I have gone mad and booked two days this year can anyone let me know the situation around camping on site:

If camping do we leave cars at the display or drive them to the camp site, or have a choice?

If I decide to upgrade to a b&b or hotel (probably a few miles down the road!) what is the latest you can get out of the infield area as I would like to stay around for the evening entertainment?

Cheers
    PG

if you are camping , you can do either... leave the car on the club stand and wander over to the campsite, or drive and park beside your camp! depends on the weather really!

and there is no limit as to what time you can leave, it's not 'closed' as there are too many people/racers staying on the infield! so there is no problem driving off site after the evenings entertainment, apart from a bit of traffic as everyone leaves at the same time!

hope that helps
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Blog Entries

As of today, 10/Jul/15…..

If you ordered the ticket with the ‘Special Delivery’ as the delivery option, then you should see similar message as below.

Kaz

Quick question....

Cheers
    PG
    Hi Paul,

I camped last year and took my car between the tent and the display area each day. The only problem I had was that the campsite was very dusty, and ended up having to wash my car each morning once I had put it back on the stand. There are buses which run very frequently between the circuit and the campsite right until the entertainment finishes.
    There is always security around the display areas so cars are quite safe left on the stand. For me the issue was leaving my things in an unattended tent all day so I chose to store my belongings in the car boot and move the car between the two.
    I believe there are quite a few of us staying at the Northampton Holiday Inn. Ian and Sharon have arranged a club deal for us and there is a code for it on the Silverstone threads somewhere. Could be worth giving that a try if your looking for something a bit more comfy than the tent.

Olly

Quote Originally Posted by lotusolly View Post
    Hi Paul,

I camped last year and took my car between the tent and the display area each day. The only problem I had was that the campsite was very dusty, and ended up having to wash my car each morning once I had put it back on the stand. There are buses which run very frequently between the circuit and the campsite right until the entertainment finishes.
    There is always security around the display areas so cars are quite safe left on the stand. For me the issue was leaving my things in an unattended tent all day so I chose to store my belongings in the car boot and move the car between the two.
    I believe there are quite a few of us staying at the Northampton Holiday Inn. Ian and Sharon have arranged a club deal for us and there is a code for it on the Silverstone threads somewhere. Could be worth giving that a try if your looking for something a bit more comfy than the tent.

Olly
    Hi Olly,

Great, thanks for reply, I have the same issue as you mention re leaving stuff in tent, dust! Lol can't have the dirtiest car on the stand... Don't mind a bit of camping, but holt might be an option, still a few thing s to sort but will be able to make a judgement on what you have told me.

Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks
    Cheers
    PG

As above - have been for the last 6 years and there's always a number of cars left on club stands overnight...doesn't seem to be a problem.

Camping across the road from the main entrance is walking distance, even if there are no buses...
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

We're camping, travelling down Thursday so should be pitching up Thursday early evening.
    Intending to move my car on to the club stand Friday morning and probably leave it there until we leave Sunday.
    2001 Honda NSX Indy Yellow SOLD

Blog Entries

you will receive email from See Tickets once they have dispatched the ticket.
    If ordered using the Special Delivery as the delivery option, then you will get the tracking no. info through the same email as well as on the See Tickets website.

For those camping, please be aware that there were several arrests made at the camping sites during the British GP last weekend as bad people were stealing items from the empty tents…..
    Unfortunately, it seems to be happening every year…..

Kaz

9. Default

I am owner of red. 1993 HH 6679. I would like to add my name to the list above.
    I try to book by phone to attend the parade at Silverstone and am told I need a 'club number' to get the best price?
    Please can anyone give me a clue as to best way to get the number
    Mark M

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMoss View Post
    I am owner of red. 1993 HH 6679. I would like to add my name to the list above.
    I try to book by phone to attend the parade at Silverstone and am told I need a 'club number' to get the best price?
    Please can anyone give me a clue as to best way to get the number
    Mark M
    Hi Mark
    Welcome to the forum.
    NSXCB is a free access forum. To run the forum members are asked to make a donation from which you then obtain Platinum status.
    This year Silverstone have insisted that we have Public Liability Insurance if we wish to have a stand, so we have been forced to form The Honda NSX Owners club in order to acquire the appropriate insurance.
    Once you have Platinum membership status , you can then join The Honda NSX Owners Club, and from this, you can then get the appropriate code to obtain an infield pass.
    Unfortunatly the official deadline for infield passes has expired but if you have spoken with Silverstone and they are still prepared to issue you a pass then you may be lucky.
    If you look through the Silverstone threads the procedure has been repeated several times.
    Good luck and hopefully we get to see you at the event.

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast