Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What price to pay??

A bit more than I wanted to pay however for the right car?? Will PM for more details, Thanks Martyn.

Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nytram View Post
    I'm just about ready to put my NSX on pistonheads

Red/ Black, 91 Manual, UK car, 35,000 miles, lots of work done by Kaz.

£34,950

PM me and I'll send the full details

Cheers Martyn
    That at seems a very fair price. I paid only a fraction less for almost identical spec 8 months ago but with a couple of small remedial jobs to do.

Quote Originally Posted by NSX100 View Post
    Mine is a targa - 1999 NA2 - and one of around 6 of the pop-up versions in the country. The targa roof is absolutely flawless - you would not even know it was there except when you take it off of course (!!). The only potential issue to be aware of is that it lowers the interior headroom a tad so if you are tall it could be a problem without altering the seat cushion. I'm 6 ft 1in (185cm) and just fit comfortably. It is also heavy so you need to be careful stowing and unstowing it. With it off I find it perfectly comfortable up to about 70mph but over that it gets a bit noisy and drafty. There has been talk on this forum about comparative rigidity with the non-targa models but driving at speed on winding Scottish 'B' roads there is absolutely no evidence to me of loss of rigidity. Perhaps racing around Donnington it is possible. The ride is perfect and the issue is more likely to be caused by poor set up rather than the fundamentals of the targa roof. The purists may demur but the advantages of the targa far outweigh these purist quibbles (IMHO)! However, they are more rare so unless, like me, you are prepared to wait until the right one turns up (a long time in my case) go for the first good car you see - targa or not.
    I fully agree with all of this. No rattles, whistles or leaks. I find it to be a huge amount of fun driving it with the top off. I love it. Puts a smile on my face every time.
    Head room is a factor. I'm 6'2" and just fit. If I wanted to track the car, which I don't, I would not have enough head room for a helmet. But I would simply get another seat and take the padding out. ... Unless maybe they'd let me on the track with the top off!! Must haves for me when I bought were manual, Targa, no major modification, reasonably complete service history. I wasn't particularly bothered about colour and I wasn't too bothered if there were a few things to sort out.

Good luck.

Peter
    1996 Green NSX-T manual

Quote Originally Posted by PeterW View Post
    I fully agree with all of this. No rattles, whistles or leaks. I find it to be a huge amount of fun driving it with the top off. I love it. Puts a smile on my face every time.
    Head room is a factor. I'm 6'2" and just fit. If I wanted to track the car, which I don't, I would not have enough head room for a helmet. But I would simply get another seat and take the padding out. ... Unless maybe they'd let me on the track with the top off!! Must haves for me when I bought were manual, Targa, no major modification, reasonably complete service history. I wasn't particularly bothered about colour and I wasn't too bothered if there were a few things to sort out.

Good luck.

Peter
    I've had three targas. I currently have a targa and a coupe. They are both great cars, but there are some differences. As mentioned above, there is slightly less headroom. However, you can obviously buy or construct lower cushions to deal with this. Ask Geraint on this forum. He made his own moulded seat cushion.
    On track, most places will allow you to drive roof off. There is however little difference in headroom between coupe and targa, so if you are 5ft 10+ and want to track with the roof on, you'll need to do something with your seating arrangements.
    Reference ride and rigidity. As has been said many times before. The targa has a more compliant ride and is better for it on UK roads. If you want less body roll, simply add a type-r front ARB a type-s rear. Paul, correct me if I'm wrong.
    There is a bit of feedback from the steering on bumpy roads, but this can be almost eliminated by some of the new chassis bars on the market. I've never had these and I'm reading between the lines of the Prime testimonials, but certainly the new love fab bars sound pretty good.
    Again maybe Kaz can confirm this. But I believe they anchor straight into the chassis legs, which should create greater rigidity through the chassis legs. I know this isn't always preferable on a coupe, but certainly worth it on a targa.
    There have also been talk of a t-top section being developed, which would still allow the fitment of the roof section.
    However, as a standard car, it's really very good and although you will feel steering feedback on bumpy roads with the roof off. Roof on, it's 95% as stiff as a coupe.
    Furthermore, it really is great to get the roof off. It's an extra dimension and very addictive.
    Last edited by Papalazarou; 04-07-2014 at 07:40 PM.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Yes I agree with Papa, mine is a 2001 Targa manual, theres definitely feedback and flex on bumpy roads compared with roof 'pon on roof off but like ive said before i dont delude myself that im a budding Ayrton Senna and i know i dont have the capabilities to drive the car to the maximum of its capabilities so the rigidity point is moot for me....roof is always off! I'm 6ft 3 and I still fit. Love the targa wouldnt swap it for a coupe. 60k on the clock, not a rattle, clunk or whistle. I love Honda. Always have. Always will.

Quote Originally Posted by unclebob View Post
    Yes I agree with Papa, mine is a 2001 Targa manual, theres definitely feedback and flex on bumpy roads compared with roof 'pon on roof off but like ive said before i dont delude myself that im a budding Ayrton Senna and i know i dont have the capabilities to drive the car to the maximum of its capabilities so the rigidity point is moot for me....roof is always off! I'm 6ft 3 and I still fit. Love the targa wouldnt swap it for a coupe. 60k on the clock, not a rattle, clunk or whistle. I love Honda. Always have. Always will.
    No arguments there. Just fantastic build quality and dynamics. Great to have a secure coupe and a convertible in the same car.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12