Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you expecting more NSX's to appear on the market?

1. Default Are you expecting more NSX's to appear on the market?

Hello,

a late NSX cost £60k+ but the new NSX is due to cost around £100k and McLaren 12c's are now approaching £100k with the launch of the 650s.

£40k on a finance deal is not a lot for the latest and best supercars on sale. Do you think a few owners will be tempted to trade up and sell their NSX?

depends on how much better the new nsx will be i suppose. but as everyone who owns one on here loves their nsx, i would think that they'll be holding onto them due to their rarity, that is the series 2 if you are talking £60k around. the series 1 seem to fetch between £24k to £35k depending on condition and upgrades etc.

it will be interesting to see how anyone on this site who buys a series 3 i take it, gets on with it and how it will compare with the nsx we know currently.

Interesting idea. I may be wrong. But my take is that the new car isn't really an NSX in the way current owners understand the concept. The extra £40K might not be the end of the world to some, but I get the feeling that most owners are enjoying an appreciating asset, as opposed to something that will probably be worth less than a facelift 2005 in a couple of years.
    Personally, the new car makes no sense to me, so I'd take the old car all day. However, I guess for some, the allure of the new will be too strong, even a car designed by Americans for Americans. They will enjoy the new kid on the block feeling and no doubt it will be an interesting car to drive. But I find it tough to imagine why a Honda enthusiast would consciously choose this car over a pure JDM product with recognisable Honda DNA.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Well, I expect it to be a LOT quicker than the old NSX, so those who want performance first and can raise the £££s may be tempted. The hybrid stuff and SH-AWD may make it more agile, too.

If only it didn't look so unremittingly ugly...

5. Default

I Think the New NSX will probably be a great car without comparing it to the existing NSX.I find it hard to believe the existing NSX owners will trade up for the new one. I think deposits have been taken but most are dealers I've been told. I did think the new one would be an Audi R8 style existence where showroom shoppers are signed up but apparently they will be in limited numbers. As Jame's says, why have a depreciating asset. Just like the new 991 GT3, a great car but not for me, I'd rather drive than be driven-give me a 997 GT3 anyday.
    Formula Red NA2
    Imola Orange NA2
    Yellow NA2

Original NSX were depreciating assets until I started looking for one......

My take is that the new 'NSX' will be a very different (no doubt in many ways better, in others worse, but certainly a very different concept using different technologies) car to the NA1/NA2 cars and as such, will not necessarily appeal to owners of the original cars.

Personally, I would be more tempted by a McLaren MP4-12c which to my mind is closer on concept to the original NSX, though I suspect that even if they drop to affordable purchase prices, the running costs will still make them prohibitively expensive.
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou View Post
    Interesting idea. I may be wrong. But my take is that the new car isn't really an NSX in the way current owners understand the concept. The extra £40K might not be the end of the world to some, but I get the feeling that most owners are enjoying an appreciating asset, as opposed to something that will probably be worth less than a facelift 2005 in a couple of years. Personally, the new car makes no sense to me, so I'd take the old car all day. However, I guess for some, the allure of the new will be too strong, even a car designed by Americans for Americans. They will enjoy the new kid on the block feeling and no doubt it will be an interesting car to drive. But I find it tough to imagine why a Honda enthusiast would consciously choose this car over a pure JDM product with recognisable Honda DNA.
    Couldnt agree more Papa. The new car is not an NSX as we know it...NSX is simply being used as a branding vehicle as the NSX that we know and love bears no mechaniscal or technological resemblance to our NA1/ NA2's which are/ will become classics. That for me is the true test of the new car...will it become a classic???? We will see.........
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

9. Default

SO a provocative thought - why compare the NSX we all know and love to the new NSX ? We have the NSX because we like the cars, they have an appeal that no other 90's SuperCar had (reliability) and was built for a market. Why would you "trade up" ? I am not sure this is like a Vauxhall Cavalier driver looking at the Insignia and thinking its about time I had a new car.
    I think there will be 2 markets - those that have the money and want a fun fast and new car and old farts like me that rather like the style of the current NSX and its uniqueness on a crowded "everything looks the same" market.

The original question "will there be more NSX's appearing on the market" - my take is it is unlikely, there are only about 400 in the UK (someone can get the accurate figure) and people that have them didn't buy them because they wanted a modern Super car they bought them because they wanted the Iconic NSX. If anything there will be fewer as the odd one or 2 either get written off or sold abroad. Mine will be sold (or given away) when I am unable to get in - drive and get out at the other end without help.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by sorepaws View Post
    SO a provocative thought - why compare the NSX we all know and love to the new NSX ? We have the NSX because we like the cars, they have an appeal that no other 90's SuperCar had (reliability) and was built for a market. Why would you "trade up" ? I am not sure this is like a Vauxhall Cavalier driver looking at the Insignia and thinking its about time I had a new car. I think there will be 2 markets - those that have the money and want a fun fast and new car and old farts like me that rather like the style of the current NSX and its uniqueness on a crowded "everything looks the same" market.The original question "will there be more NSX's appearing on the market" - my take is it is unlikely, there are only about 400 in the UK (someone can get the accurate figure) and people that have them didn't buy them because they wanted a modern Super car they bought them because they wanted the Iconic NSX. If anything there will be fewer as the odd one or 2 either get written off or sold abroad. Mine will be sold (or given away) when I am unable to get in - drive and get out at the other end without help.
    I plan to be buried in mine....much to my sons disappointment!
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast