Thread: a little engine tweak, with pics!!!

Default a little engine tweak, with pics!!!

ok, i was bored, i admit it, but there was a valid reason!

been playing again, this time prompted by tracking down/curing oil weepage from the rocker covers, my fault for not using lashings of honda bond all round the rubber seal, and relying on the honda designers to make it foolproof (smiley face!)

anyway, the rocker covers had to come off... the rockers/cams/inside still looking good!

which gave me a pair of rocker covers....

which once pressure washed looked like this.....

the loose coating removed, the rest attacked with a wire brush to blend the edges and remove the 'crackle' finish, the rockers were degreased, masked up, and given an etch primer, then a 2 pack prime....
    Last edited by britlude; 01-06-2014 at 01:05 PM.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

after this had cured, it was on with black base coat (which also showed any bits that needed attention)

followed by a couple of coats of finest green and lacquer!

then it was a case of letting it all cure overnight, then putting the cam covers back on with some new seals and some gunge called 'wellseal'... if it's good enough for my bosses Hart 420 race engine, it's good enough for me! the added bonus is that it never dries/sets, so not the mad panic trying to assemble before RTV type stuff goes off!!!! anyway, the rockers went back on nicely...

and hence why i wanted to tidy up the lettering on the intake cover..

went for body green, as i wanted subtle, red would have been too much in my car !!!

... now just going to sort out a new pair of intake cover bolts, those look rusty....
    Last edited by britlude; 01-06-2014 at 12:51 PM.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Lovely job, they look great.

Very impressive attention to detail 10/10

Great work, red on the emblem will look ace.

You are without a doubt an 80's man Jonathan! I'd been waiting for this mod to keep up the colour coding ... Just need a bit or green stitching to the dash and door cards and that's the job complete ....

on a serious note, how difficult was it to remove then crinkle finish? And how easy would you say it would be to retain it ?

thanx, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara