Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NA2 2002 Imola Yellow F/S £40,000

Default NA2 2002 Imola Yellow F/S £40,000

Hi Guys,

For sale is a NA2 2002 Facelift Imola Yellow NSX which has done 145K but has all the required service history from Honda main dealer.
    This car is currently owned by one of my work colleague (note Reg) and I can assure you he is one careful driver and has owned the car for the last 9 years....despite the Dual carriageway miles (A14) which he travels daily to work..the car is an immaculate condition.

Here is the advert on PH:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...dition/2230134

PM me if you need any more info.

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Sale pending..... At £35k!!!!!!
    Wow ... Someone got a bargain!

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
    Sale pending..... At £35k!!!!!!
    Wow ... Someone got a bargain!

SS
    Yep, £5k left to repaint the wiper arms....or be frivolous and get brand new ones at HUK prices...

Wow that is a lot of car for the money

flip me, this country is obsessed with low mileage and we all know they can be more trouble than they're worth if not maintained properly
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

That IS a bargain.

I'm sure you've advised him well, but I'd be sitting on the car for a little longer, waiting for a better price - if a 30k '05 coupe has recently sold for £60k, then that sound rather light, mileage or not...
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post
    Wow that is a lot of car for the money

flip me, this country is obsessed with low mileage and we all know they can be more trouble than they're worth if not maintained properly
    how very true, it's just the way of things with people. oh if it's got over 100k then it's going to go wrong at some point. the main thing here is the care the car received to be at this mileage and that goes a long way as some with half the miles may not have been as carefully looked after and you'll be near that rebuild sooner. my rx8 has 100,250 miles and is driving as well as it did when i bought it as i take care of the car. but you get those who didn't top up the oil (correct oil) and drive it like you should and moan about the engine going at 50000 or possibly less. look after any car and it'll look after you

love the colour and the wheels, yellow looks even better on the 2nd gen.

It is all about perception guys. Why do you think 456 Ferraris are so cheap when they hit certain mileage. In the US is a different story as people are used to high mileage. The reality is that the are can take it. However the NSX has changed from usable junior supercar ( think R8 ) to classic junior supercar. In this new status buyers will demand a lot more from the cars, mileage is one of those things. In the end is all about perception.

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    It is all about perception guys. Why do you think 456 Ferraris are so cheap when they hit certain mileage. In the US is a different story as people are used to high mileage. The reality is that the are can take it. However the NSX has changed from usable junior supercar ( think R8 ) to classic junior supercar. In this new status buyers will demand a lot more from the cars, mileage is one of those things. In the end is all about perception.
    Mileage for sure on the 456 which appears a good value car at sub £30k, but one reason for this pricing is the average £6k per annum running costs whereas our cars are considerably less for routine and even preventative maintenance ... anything more than this is usually only down to the owners choice as more and more NSX are long term ownership hence why more owners are choosing to invest in the refresh options available from a few knowledgeable friends.

It will be interesting to see if the market starts to accept the 'driven' examples of the NSX in terms of value and ownership ... I think that it just might ...
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

I think for NA1s they already are Paul - the NA1 doesn't seem to be on the "investor" radar that much, so it's enthusiasts who are buying them, and they ARE buying on condition/history.

NA2s, esp. facelifts, are fetching MUCH stronger money, mainly due to competing demand from Asia and investor-buyers...but that does appear to mean resale is first-and-foremost in a buyer's mind, hence the mileage issue. Does make you wonder how many of those will get the same TLC that a well-used (but not abused) car will get though...much as my bank balance regrets not getting Ian/Sharon's car 5 years ago, I know where I'd be looking right now.
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

10. Default

So I'll admit, it was me. couldn't resist it in yellow! I wouldn't say the car is immaculate but for the mileage it is in amazing condition!

Service wise the car has been looked after and seems Honda UK made a tidy profit on parts! The usual 'enthusiast' items have not been done however such as crank pulley and water pump so thats priority for me at the moment. The clutch has never been changed at 145k miles and the previous owner claims to have never been in vtec in 9 years- yes hard to believe! but the condition and fact it has never let him down shows what our cars are capable of. I'll bring it along to Japfest after a little tidy up.

edit- Just realised-9 years without vtec would hurt me- I don't think this is great for the car either but it does drive very smooth and feels tight still.
    Last edited by mjames75; 22-04-2014 at 06:57 PM.
    Formula Red NA2
    Imola Orange NA2
    Yellow NA2

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast