Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SOLD - NA1 Berlina Black JDM 1991 Coupe

-- Edit to remove content not relating to this sale --
    Last edited by Tokyo-Joe; 02-08-2014 at 10:54 AM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo-Joe View Post
    The Pride exhaust has been replaced with the OEM unit. The StopTech front brakes will be replaced with stock brakes and the rear spoiler will be returning to stock. In this configuration I will look at offers around 25k from genuine buyers.
    Very nice car for that price!
    Formula Red NA2
    Imola Orange NA2
    Yellow NA2

it's a good price for such a nice nsx. there seem to be a few on PH at the moment. is this the time of year they come up for sale?
    i did like that rear spoiler you had on, looked good.

Blog Entries

In fact, this is exactly the reason why I started locking each thread in 'For Sale' section once the item has sold.
    I just place the 'SOLD - ***' text in the subject line and close the thread to disable further posts/alteration.

You can find similar discussion on NSX Prime but I'm against the idea of the seller deleting/editing the opening post (without leaving the original info) rather than updating/bumping it once he/she has listed the item here.

The worst thing I found was the seller simply deleting the whole text including the advertised price from the thread and simply replacing it with the comment such as 'Item now sold. Thank you'.
    Although the original text can be found by searching for the cached version of this site through many bots running across the net, it won't be cached forever.

The other thing that I found was that the seller deleting the thread after the item didn't sell for long-long time, then after a certain period, starting new thread with new price.

Of course since our site is a friendly small community, the purpose of such activities by many members are genuine and not commercial oriented like we can see on other sites, but it could be seen as a way of hiding the old price (especially, if the new price is higher) or the facts that it's taking long time (for some reason) to sell.

It also won't help others to search for the price information if someone wants to sell similar item in the future and if he/she doesn't have any idea on the example market price.

If you don't like the off topic posts, we could restrict only the seller to be able to reply against the 'For Sale' thread but then potential buyers can't ask question about it unless using PM or email.

By the way, if you started the thread, as far as I know, you have the ability to delete the entire thread any way so it's up to you.
    For your reference, it is only 'soft' deleted and Admin have the ability to re-post the whole thread even after it was deleted.

Personally, I don't think the off topic posts have big effect if you bump the thread and update the opening post as guest/visitor/potential buyer tends to look at either the latest or the 1st/opening post only.

You can always update the opening post by stating 'new price' or 'new info' (ideally leaving the reference for the original price/info) and also you can bump the thread by replying to your own thread to bring it to the top section of the 'For Sale' forum and it will also show up when someone hits the 'What's New?' tab at the top of the page.

Above is just my thought as one of the admin here....
    This post is also 'off topic' so if you are not happy, I'm fine to delete this but then, this post is also bumping your sale thread to the top of the forum......

Kaz
    Last edited by Kaz-kzukNA1; 18-06-2014 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Extra info, typo

Back up for sale in new - OEM+ spec with high resolution photos and a new price of £23,995:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...6-1991/2265037

looks fantastic, what is covering the radio in the interior pic?

Thanks Soddy!

It is a replacement carbon fiber trim panel.

This car is now sold

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234