Thread: 1994 Red manual for sale at Different Class Cars, London

Default 1994 Red manual for sale at Different Class Cars, London

Does anybody on here know anything about this car?

http://www.differentclasscars.co.uk/...01401110959224

I don't know enough about them to tell from the photos what is original and what isn't, the price seems reasonable for the low mileage. Any thoughts / opinions?
    I am after a car which is as original as possible, but have my doubts about this dealer knowing a huge amount about them. I'm not quite ready to buy yet, but trying to see where the market is. There aren't many about

MC

By what else is on the market at the moment, it's a good price (although that depends on whether there are neglected maintenance items lurking).

It's an import (JDM, Singapore, etc presumably). When it was discussed before, I think someone thought it might be earlier than '94?

It does seem like a keen price but I would like to see more service details. Out of interest, what gives it away as being an import?

MC

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mistercorn View Post
    It does seem like a keen price but I would like to see more service details. Out of interest, what gives it away as being an import?

MC
    Easiest give aways are lack of the headlight washers....and square number plate.

James

"My friend has owned this car since 2000, but we sold it in 2012" Either bad grammar or something's not adding-up...and yes, I am a cynic, but there's too many chancers out there not to be nowadays, esp. in the motor trade!

Being an import doesn't really matter, to my mind (if imported in/before 2000, it's been in the UK long enough for any prior neglect to have reared its head...). That is, as long as the history prior to the UK is there supporting the low mileage.

Two immediate comments:-
    1) Offset is wrong on the wheels - will have introduced more scrub into the steering and probably more unsprung weight further from the pivot point.
    2) Roof's been painted body-colour, unless matching roof was an option/std in Asian markets prior to the facelift...
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    "My friend has owned this car since 2000, but we sold it in 2012" Either bad grammar or something's not adding-up...and yes, I am a cynic, but there's too many chancers out there not to be nowadays, esp. in the motor trade!

Being an import doesn't really matter, to my mind (if imported in/before 2000, it's been in the UK long enough for any prior neglect to have reared its head...). That is, as long as the history prior to the UK is there supporting the low mileage.

Two immediate comments:-
    1) Offset is wrong on the wheels - will have introduced more scrub into the steering and probably more unsprung weight further from the pivot point.
    2) Roof's been painted body-colour, unless matching roof was an option/std in Asian markets prior to the facelift...
    Picture 17 quite interesting.....seems to be idling.....just below 1000 rpm....almost at temperature....oil pressure quite literally 0!

Odometer reads ~40k so presume that's km and can't tell if speedo is in kmh or mph

A picture says a thousand words as they say.

James

badly needs an oil change!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

There seems to be too many issues for that price.

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    There seems to be too many issues for that price.
    I tend to agree, thanks for the all the input guys.

MC

Blog Entries

Normally, I won’t comment on the NSX advertised outside of this site but since this thread involves technical aspects and in case potential buyers are getting the wrong information, I’ll share the following points.

1. Year model
    There is a photo in the above link showing the VIN on the door side sill plate.
    The Font used and the alignment of the each characters looked to be the genuine Honda one.
    There are several ways to confirm whether this VIN is the original one for this specific chassis or not and if someone tried to change it, it would involve several thousands pounds so not cost effective.
    Obviously, I won’t tell the detail here for security reason.

Based on these, this NSX is JDM NA1-100 type and it’s a 91 model and not 94.
    Probably when it was imported into UK, someone declared the wrong information on the manufactured year.
    I think Sudesh or someone commented in another thread the same thing in the past.

2. Oil pressure gauge
    For early model especially the 91-92 models, it is quite common to show almost 0.0kgf/cm2 on the oil pressure gauge at the idle rpm of about 800rpm with fully warmed up engine.
    There was a problem with the oil pressure sender unit located at the Eng front bank and also the gauge itself was the cause of the low reading.

This was the same even immediately after changing the eng oil with correct fluid level.

In fact, in US, Acura released TSB for this specific phenomenon for the early model owners.
    http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/TSB_91-008

Good luck with the search for your NSX.

Kaz
    Last edited by Kaz-kzukNA1; 12-04-2014 at 03:56 PM. Reason: typo, layout