Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The new "NSX" and NSXCB

mmm toasty...
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

once again I hope they get the size right this time around. The drivers look very short, I sure hope they have done some market research!!!

3. Default

never knew there was a size problem, seen creatures great and small driving NSX's!
    Formula Red NA2
    Imola Orange NA2
    Yellow NA2

Likewise, this is the first I have heard of the original NSX having trouble accommodating drivers.

My belief has always been that the car broke new ground for a mid-engined supercar with regards to driving position / visibility for drivers great and small?
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

C'mon guys. I'm just a smidge under 6ft, and even then, my head sometimes touches the roof of the targa at the side (not quite touching the roof of the coupe).

Anyone 6' 1" or more must have real problems.

Quote Originally Posted by goldtop View Post
    C'mon guys. I'm just a smidge under 6ft, and even then, my head sometimes touches the roof of the targa at the side (not quite touching the roof of the coupe).

Anyone 6' 1" or more must have real problems.
    I'm the same height as you and not far from the roof. Ocassionally my head will touch the side. Geraint is I think around 6.5" and has made a lower seat pad to allow him more head groom. Certainly if you take the car on track, it's going to be a squeeze wearing a helmet regardless of height and stature.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

The passenger side is hopeless.
    I decided not to ask a 6'5" mate to accompany me on the recent Europe trip due to the severe lack of legroom. Just doesn't compare to his Tuscan which is huge inside with loads of places to store the crap you inevitably pick up during long distance road trips (I probably wouldn't have a Tuscan myself but I have to say a very impressive & likeable car).
    2001 Honda NSX Indy Yellow SOLD

It is not only the height, but shoulder width that I've found to be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post
    First off, the new car is entirely engineered by Honda in Japan. The Septics are not trusted with any of it by the J-men control freaks.

Where it's built is probably immaterial; you can make up your own jokes about Swindonese CTRs or Mexican Jazzes/HR-Vs. Other than Acuras made in US are usually of far inferior perceived quality to Japanese-built ones.

..Entirely?! Where did you get this information? It looks very American to me! These links seem to imply most R&D / design was done in the states..

http://www.honda.com/newsandviews/ar...spx?id=7190-en

http://www.hondanews.com/channels/acura-automobiles-nsx
    Last edited by tapav; 04-10-2014 at 06:03 PM.
    '99 V70r
    '98 NSX

Quote Originally Posted by tapav View Post
    ..Entirely?! Where did you get this information? It looks very American to me! These links seem to imply most R&D / design was done in the states..

http://www.honda.com/newsandviews/ar...spx?id=7190-en

http://www.hondanews.com/channels/acura-automobiles-nsx
    Pretty reliable insider on ToV.

The powertrain/electrickery is Japanese (even if the Septics had to convince them the original spec. was far too weak - hence engine is now inline & turbo'd) but the body style/interior is US and so is the final tuning/setting up. The ally/cf body in white is pretty much Japanese, too.

Plus, American engineers shoot their mouths off & Japanese don't; otherwise there'd be zero info to date!

Press releases are invariably only part of the story. They won't mention Honda is considering other spin-offs from the plank, such as a Dualnote or S2000...
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345