Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The new "NSX" and NSXCB

Default The new "NSX" and NSXCB

Just wondered what members thoughts were about the impending new Honda sports car having a section on NSXCB? Or, whether it should be treated as a totally different entity?

I guess people know my opinion. So I'll keep it brief. I don't think it remotely resembles the original concept. It isn't a Japanese product. As a result, aesthetically it looks like a concept designed for the USDM. So, for me it's a big no. But very interested in opinions.

Cheers.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

I 100% agree with your opinion on the new car, it does not (yet!) float my boat.

But it IS an NSX, I'd love to see some at club meets, and it should have a section of its own here, IMHO.

it was a mistake to build the car outside of Japan, that being said it deserves being here as it carries the name.
    hope to see it at FoS and get a better opinion of it

It should have its OWN section on here as it does with our brothers and sisters in the US
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou View Post
    Just wondered what members thoughts were about the impending new Honda sports car having a section on NSXCB? Or, whether it should be treated as a totally different entity?I guess people know my opinion. So I'll keep it brief. I don't think it remotely resembles the original concept. It isn't a Japanese product. As a result, aesthetically it looks like a concept designed for the USDM. So, for me it's a big no. But very interested in opinions.Cheers.
    If they,re daft enough to pay the reported price for a battery powered car, let them into NSXCB and charge them a premium!
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

I supposed a sub section could be added, apparently there are 47 orders or so last time I checked, so they will have to go somewhere.

It is an NSX after all, same as 996 is as much a Porsche as a 993, as far as the factory is concerned.

As far as I can tell this is a forum for NSX owners and enthusiasts. The new "Honda Sports car" has the NSX moniker. It seems pretty obvious to me!

I used to be part of the Caterham 7 owners club "blatchat" - did they differentiate between original Lotus built cars, Caterham S3, and Caterham SV? No.

Don't be afraid of progress.

It's been given the name NSX. It's the new 'halo' car for Honda, same as our steed was 25 years ago. And it's technologically advanced, like our car was, rather than derivative*.

So yes, there should be a section on here and I'll welcome owners to the club with open arms. Any other response risks us becoming like the MG owners club, looking down their noses at "Rover" MGs...

* OK, maybe not in the same way, but it's still among the first to bring such tech to the market, at least below stratospheric prices.
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Quote Originally Posted by oneillg1201 View Post
    If they,re daft enough to pay the reported price for a battery powered car, let them into NSXCB and charge them a premium!
    Geoff,

Don't you own a Lexus RX400h?

Just asking, as they say.
    Daily driver: Jaguar iPace HSE
    2000 NSX Coupe, Circuit Blue, was W2NSX now V6NSX
    Renault Megane RS Trophy R
    Other interesting mode of transport: Bell JetRanger

Quote Originally Posted by flyingsniffer View Post
    Geoff,Don't you own a Lexus RX400h? Just asking, as they say.
    Sadly gone now....Thats different though....whilst it was a super car, its not being sold as a supercar. IMHO using the NSX brand for this new car is simply a marketing exercise. It was designed in America, being built in America with American sourced parts......Hmmmmm....its not an NSX as we know and love it
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Quote Originally Posted by oneillg1201 View Post
    Sadly gone now....Thats different though....whilst it was a super car, its not being sold as a supercar. IMHO using the NSX brand for this new car is simply a marketing exercise. It was designed in America, being built in America with American sourced parts......Hmmmmm....its not an NSX as we know and love it
    Perhaps you'll forgive Honda for not wanting such a sales disaster as our original, beloved, NSX?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast