Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brake pads / discs - opinions & experiences please

Hi Sudesh, the R discs are grooved with as I understand it, improved internal channels. I also run the oversized cooling vents/deflectors.

so far no issue with the Redstuff pads, they even have less dust than the Mu's ....

Id say it's well worth looking closer at the WP's
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Hi Sudesh, the R discs are grooved with as I understand it, improved internal channels. I also run the oversized cooling vents/deflectors.

so far no issue with the Redstuff pads, they even have less dust than the Mu's ....

Id say it's well worth looking closer at the WP's
    That sounds pretty much like Andrews setup now, beautiful discs he choose and the bigger OEM calipers and front carriers look the business. Although I would say he will see more brake dust with the new pads, not do him any harm, keep him busy with more cleaning of the car lol.

I'll take a pic and post it up here in a bit.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

Jeez, big difference on the front for sure.
    New discs suit the car, as does the bigger radius.

Great job as always, thanks for doing
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Those brake look great and functional Sudesh, without being OTT and departing from the NSX Ethos.

Yeah, have to commend Andrew on his choice there, as you say, nice subtle choice but functional

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    Those brake look great and functional Sudesh, without being OTT and departing from the NSX Ethos.

Has anybody had any experience with Ksport brakes?

http://www.ksport.co.uk/order.asp?id=205&loc=2

The prices look pretty reasonable. For the odd track day and mainly (fast-ish) road use do you reckon they'll be up to the job?

Quote Originally Posted by b1gbrad View Post
    Has anybody had any experience with Ksport brakes?

http://www.ksport.co.uk/order.asp?id=205&loc=2

The prices look pretty reasonable. For the odd track day and mainly (fast-ish) road use do you reckon they'll be up to the job?

I believe that just like the Hi Doec ones they might not be as well suited to our roads ( grit, salt,etc ) during winter time.

9. Default

stoptech discs lasted really well, but really the most important thing is pad compound and getting some cooling in there. pad fade is the biggest problem so go with something with a high operating range, or something that will last a long time at high temps like Rs29. I've used Mintex M1155s quite a lot and they are decent but I do struggle with coolnig on a 15" front wheel.

Like many others I went with the Powerslot discs by Stoptech. They are great quality, also had the 'cryo' treatment applied to them which makes them extra hard and durable. They look great too... Also went with Project MU HC+ pads which seem very good on the road although I have yet to try them on the track. I would avoid EBC yellowstuff though as I did 1 trackday with them and they just disintegrated!?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast