Soon after I bought my car last December, I noticed a creaking sound when going over bumps that affected both sides of the car simultaneously.

It came from behind the rear view mirror so I started giving the windscreen a tap along the top edge and I got that different sound that suggested the screen was not correctly fitted/bonded in the middle at the top.

Off round the local dealer (Newton Honda Croydon) I went.
"Oh no sir, it's an NSX" they say, "take it back where you bought it"
It's only a bloody windscreen I point out. They then sent me to their preferred autoglass company who got an engineer to look at the car. He prodded and poked around but saw no value in my simple test and then pronounced the screen correctly fitted, and the trim was causing the noise.

I come from a lifetime of being around the car trade, but somehow allowed myself to be convinced by the expert and had put up with this occasional creaking ever since.

Today my Sister returned sith the car (I am on an Easter holiday duties with kids and a people carrier to guarantee a kid free Easter ring trip), and announced the screen had just cracked in the bottom corner. 10 inches all in one go and with absolutely no provocation.
I know my sister well and suffice to say you don't put family on your insurance without a lot of trust ,so I believe nothing happened to help it along.

I am certain this has something to do with the screen fitting, but don't yet know if it's the original or not.

Anyone had an experience of problems like this?
The windscreen guys will be looking in the next few days