Thread: New member, question about parts availability

Default New member, question about parts availability

Hi All,

New member here based in Nottingham. I'm looking at buying an NSX later this year. I would ideally like a 3l one as I prefer the look of them, red manual with black leather would be just right for me. One thing which does concern on an old car like this which wasn't common here is parts availability, are all parts still relatively easy to get hold of? I want something which is as original as possible, I test drove one last summer with a straight through exhaust and that was just nuts. I'll be using the search function on here to find things to look at when looking to buy. There just aren't many cars to chose from, I check PH and AT regularly and will look out on here. I have to sell three other cars first though or my wife will either kill or divorce me.

MC

Welcome on board.

the na2 pre facelift has the same look (I assume you mean the pop ups?) and it has the 3.2l engine.
    majority of parts are still available from HUK and your nearest dealer.
    most people try to get their parts from the US as they are cheaper and Kaz on here can help with parts from Japan if required. Pending on the part required wait times can be long but nothing too sinister in wait time
    Cars come and go all the time, but it's apparent you need to get your house in order first before being 100% focused in getting one
    any advice on here will tell you to be as flexible as possible re your requirements when ready to purchase as you may not get colour etc you require. Manuals are highly sought after.
    there is plenty of info in the tech and mech section, kaz's blog and a few build threads have popped up to keep you busy and give you plenty of info when you come to buy.
    wish you well in your search for an NSX.
    good luck
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Thank you for the reply, I hadn't realised that the NA1 / NA2 change wasn't at the same time as the facelift, so I guess ideally I would like an NA2 pre-facelift which I'm guessing are rare. The good news is that my first car is sold, new owner is picking it up on Friday. I'll do some more reading on the forum and on the internet. I love looking for new cars...

MC

Yes they are rare, do not discount NA1 the 3.0l variant if the right one comes up!
    NA2 started around 97 and facelift was 02. Yes, this is a common misconception.

Your best sources of info are here and on NSX Prime, would not bother with other internet sources rbh
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by Mistercorn View Post
    Hi All,

New member here based in Nottingham. I'm looking at buying an NSX later this year. I would ideally like a 3l one as I prefer the look of them, red manual with black leather would be just right for me. One thing which does concern on an old car like this which wasn't common here is parts availability, are all parts still relatively easy to get hold of? I want something which is as original as possible, I test drove one last summer with a straight through exhaust and that was just nuts. I'll be using the search function on here to find things to look at when looking to buy. There just aren't many cars to chose from, I check PH and AT regularly and will look out on here. I have to sell three other cars first though or my wife will either kill or divorce me.

MC
    Good selection (7) on Pistonheads....happy hunting
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Well the Zero Drone™ Exhaust is still available. If you get the car and fancy dropping the boat anchor OEM one get in touch!

Happy hunting!

Pop this in the search engine MC ... W2 NSX - For Sale - heads up

club owners for past 6yrs, classic lines but with facelift interior ... Great opportunity!

hope this helps

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara