Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new member looking for a nsx

1. Default

Will see what happens....

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.ph...998#post106998

Looks clean and honest ... move swiftly or lose it ...
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.ph...998#post106998

Looks clean and honest ... move swiftly or lose it ...
    But doesn't look like £25k!

If the vendor can confirm all the good service history etc then why not consider it?
    its within your budget
    High mileage on an NSX is nothing to worry about if properly maintained ... You only have to ask Kaz.

i thought you wanted an NSX, surely you should not be thinking about selling after 15-20k use?
    Hardly worth buying/looking for one doing as little as that

Quote Originally Posted by Sennansx View Post
    Have had a think about this one for sure but the mileage is a bit too high for my liking .

Just thinking if I'm buying this now and once I've put another 15 to 20 k miles on it then would be extremely hard to sell
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

5. Default

Yes I know what our saying but if I cover average 6k a year and keep for 5 years ,

Who's gonna wanna buy this with 150k on clock

I missed out on a red one just few weeks ago ,

A2 nsx was sold for 26k on pistonheads I believe

Looking for something like that

For any normal car you'd be right, but given the small population of NSXs and the even smaller number that come up for sale each year, plus the fact it's a Honda and known to be robust (check out US mileages), the market IS a little more tolerant of mileage.

...and in 5 years time there's going to be a lot more >100k, at which point the difference between 105k and 150k is probably less important than the (psychological difference) between 75k and 105k. And IMHO both are less important than the condition and the service history.

As an (admittedly slightly biased) example, would you prefer a 110k car which had been pampered and had in the last few years had a lot of refurb/replacement work done mechanically, or an 80k car which had only had basic servicing done?!?
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Quote Originally Posted by Sennansx View Post
    I missed out on a red one just few weeks ago ,
    A2 nsx was sold for 26k on pistonheads I believe
    Asking price was £27500, and that was one of the last bargains. There was a Singapore import last May that was the previous bargain at £21995.

Like you, last year I was looking, and I missed a few that came up (due to circumstances and being unable to view). Like you, I had the exact same feeling about mileage, but the one I bought with 110000m drives as well as the one with 78000m.

Bear in mind that you are not the only one looking. There are quite a few dealers who will jump on any uncrashed NSX that has OK miles. Frequently, a privately advertised bargain comes up, disappears quickly and then turns up after decent wash and good photos and £5k added to the price. So if and when something comes up, you HAVE to pounce quickly (but still do your homework).

Good luck. I waited ages and then two came along at once.

Quote Originally Posted by goldtop View Post
    But doesn't look like £25k!
    Absolutely, but the market has moved and many suggest will keep moving so if the potential owner has £25k, finding another few £kkk to secure a good one would be worth while IMO.

By way of example, I bought mine at at more than some would have paid at the time, but for me it was the right decision and today would be another dealer stealer opportunity, so the message, buy the one you want at a budget that is right for you.
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

I think the mileage issue it is important to consider from the point that more maintenance is required. As the cars age they require a lot more than schedule services.

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    I think the mileage issue it is important to consider from the point that more maintenance is required. As the cars age they require a lot more than schedule services.
    Agreed, but in fairness, this is the same for any classic as you need to reset your own mindset to one of routine PLUS preventative maintenance as the latter can reduce the cost of the former.
    Senninha

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast