Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Formula 1

For those who haven't come across this site for technical analysis I would recommend it
    http://scarbsf1.com/
    the detail that is reported is very enlightening.
    Duncan

Excellent post Paul, my money is with Mercedes same as when it was Honda. They were plagued by a few issues last year and some growing pains, it is time to deliver TBH.

Now that big Ron is back at the helm of Mclaren & Whitmarsh gone, lets hope they get some podiums.

Last year was shocker with the first non podium season in 30 odd years!

My money on Mercedes too & I can't wait for the unpredictability of the new regulations after the domination of Seb & co.

Oh, happy retirement to Ross Brawn.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

For the McLaren fans out there it looks as though starting early on the 2014 car may pay off as thier unique rear suspension set up has created a lot of interest with other teams looking to try and re-engineer their set ups ... clever boys!

And for Williams fans, lok out for the new title sponsor ... Martini
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

5. Default

TOO many rules and Cars are ugly as sin. First time since I was a kid I won't bother watching F1. Political correct bull**** has ruined it. When we had 1.5 litre twin turbo v6's in F1 back in the 80s it was fascinating and exciting and they sounded mega. Now they look like **** and probably emit less odour. I bet they won't be sliding around like you expect them too either. Bah Humbug!!
    Sierra Cosworth
    Sierra Sapphire Cosworth
    Sierra RS500 White and Black
    Nissan 200sx DRIFTER
    Porsche 928GTS
    Focus RS 2010 White
    Ferrari 550 Maranello
    Ferrari 575 Maranello F1
    96 COUPE NSX

Quote Originally Posted by TheSebringOne View Post

Oh, happy retirement to Ross Brawn.
    Will he make an unexpected comeback somewhere???

Thought he was going to McLaren?

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    Will he make an unexpected comeback somewhere???
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    Thought he was going to McLaren?
    I think you may both be right ... although right now he is definately fishing!

I suspect that if McLaren are looking half decent this year then Ross may well pop-up next year in some role or other, subject to what contract Eric has in place, as he knows how to motivate Jenson to win, knows how to win titles for a team, and is well respected by Honda for whom he as good as won the World Title albeit with the Brawn badge and MB power ... the chassis was all Ross and Honda.

And dont forget, its a super frugal formula this year with limited fuel for the race so tactics will be of even more importance ... and tacticians dont come much better than Ross!
    Last edited by Senninha; 15-02-2014 at 12:01 AM.
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Didn't RB announced during a fishing competition that he has retired but just have found this.

May be he will get bored of fishing & can't resist the smell of petrol fumes!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/for...#ixzz2tLJBGKw1
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Also I have read that his wife is not well, and that is probably a big factor too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast