Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Supercar Siege 2014, Sunday 18th May Leeds Castle, Kent.

charity total so far is £10,495.13

and someone put up a slightly better panorama....

http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/155104

it's like 'where's wally', but with cars! find the Cube!!!
    Last edited by britlude; 19-05-2014 at 04:35 PM.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Did the gate sales from the general public go to charity too?

as i understand it, the castle get the gate, they did supply the venue after all! (tho there were 2for1 entry vouchers available for walk-ins, and the drivers/passengers in the show cars weren't charged) it will be interesting to see how the show affected the usual sunny sunday attendance!

as far as i know.... the drivers donations, cut of the traders take and sporting bears car rides make the total. however it's worked out, it's a decent sum!

the Sporting Bears had a selection of cars for £25 a ride, and 5 (i think) at £50, 3 ferraris, 1 atom and a bright orange GTR, they were out giving rides/sold out all day!!!

i reserve the right to be wrong on any of the above info
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Great event in a very relaxed atmosphere and beautiful surroundings.
    Certainly released the disappointment of not being able to make the European trip although today i'm wishing I searched a bit harder for the sun cream before I left
    When I made my late donation it tipped the total over £5k so it would seem about half the funds were raised from people displaying and the other half on the day.
    The whole day seemed to be very well organised and a definite credit to those involved.
    I followed the P1 into the site, lowered my window to have a listen and was greeted by a faint whirrr as it crept along in all electric mode

Olly

5. Default

Sorry Ross we were 5 minutes early - thank you for a great day and all the organising

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    the early exits were an issue for the castle more than anyone else, Ross has released his plans for the future...

the exit was a smidge early!!! so we might have a black star and be on the naughty step! however, it's good that Ross and crew intends this to continue, and looking at the public car park when we left, hopefully the castle will too general feedback i've seen is all positive!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    charity total so far is £10,495.13

and someone put up a slightly better panorama....
    Great result for the charity - well done to Leeds Castle, the organisers and everyone who attended.
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

7. Default

Hello,

First off I would like to apologise for this post taking so long to come about, It has been a learning curve regarding traders and sponsors but finally we can announce the total raised by this years Supercar Siege.

As you may or may not be aware our only sources of revenue from the event were from the car display passes, the Sporting Bears Dream Rides and a percentage of the takings from the catering vendors.

We have now managed to tally these all together and proud to announce that the event raised a total of: £13,681.14.
    This final amount has now been recieved by the Royal Navy and Royal Marine Childrens Fund.

This is no small amount of money and will benifit the charity immensely.

We would like to extend our gratitude to all of the cars owners and their families who got up early, travelled to the far flung reaches of Kent and put up with the 28 degrees of British sunshine, all in the name of charity.

It was a long day but hopefully the show was enjoyed by them just as much as the visitors. The standard of car on display showed just how much the owners cared for their cars and we were in awe of some of the club stand displays.

Next we would like to say thank you to the drivers and volounteers that helped out with the Sporting Bears Dream Rides, to not only give up your weekends for numerous events throughout the year but to also allow members of the public to ride in your pride and joy whilst covering the cost of fuel etc is nothing short of remarkable.

The majority of the above total came from the donations for the car rides and without their particitpation the Siege would not have been the success it was.

If you want to join their ranks feel free to head over to: http://www.sportingbears.co.uk/

The food vendors and trade stands were a huge success this year, we managed to keep queues over the peek periods down to a reasonable level and I believe the traders also had some very happy customers. We are happy that we chose the comapnies that we did as they were amazing on the day.

The Royal Navy contingent were fantastic and I'm sure if you attended the show you no doubt will have wondered over to the helicopter display area at some point.
    Not only were the team happy engaging the crowds but also helped focus peoples minds on what the whole day was about, raising money for a brilliant military charity.

And last but not least, the Missbanzai marshalls and Leeds Castle staff went above and beyong the call of duty over the weekend, both teams worked their socks off to make sure that the event was a success. Without their dedication and hard work this event could have gone awry but they made sure it was a success no matter what the cost.

Feel free to head over to our social media sites to add your feedback/photo's from the day:
    facebook.com/supercarsiegetext
    twitter.com/supercarsiege
    instagram.com/supercarsiege

Also the RNRMCF is always looking for support so please have a look at their website found here: http://rnrmchildrensfund.org.uk/

Baz & Ross,
    Team Supercar Siege

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789