Thread: Speedo problem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Speedo problem

Hi,

My speedo is not working. Originally i thought it was the speed sensor on the transmission, the problem was once the car warm up the speedo just stop at 0km/hr. So when i start it up in the morning and drive it out it would work for about 5km then it stop working. It was like this for last couple months. So today i went to replaced the speed sensor on the transmission with a new one from Honda and the speedo is working again. But it only worked for around 100km, now it stopped working again. I noted the meter below counting the mileage still working so the speed sensor is working for sure. It seems there is something wrong with the speedo circuit board, i would like to you know if anyone have this experience and how to fix it. Thanks.

My NSX is a 92 with 180 mile/hr speedo circuit board but I current have the NSXR (+2002) speedo installed so the speedo itself is like new. Thanks

Keno

Kaz may be able to shed some light on this for you.

hopefully you get it sorted
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

3. Default

Thanks nobby! I know Kaz is an expert, i am hoping he could offer some help.

Report back, so i start it up this morning and drove it for like 15 mins about 15 km without any issues. What could be the issues causing the speedo fail after the car warm up? Thanks!

Keno

Hi,

i think having the NSX-R speedo on a non km/h circuit board doesn't work, unless some
    modification is done to the circuit board.

did that also happened with your old speedo, or only when you installed the NSX-R one?

Nuno

PS - i also have NSX-R gauges, but as i'm in Portugal, my circuit board is already in km/h

5. Default

Hi UnhuZ,

I have the NSXR gauge installed for 3 years, drove about 6000km on the gauge. The problem only developed in the last few months.

I used the dial on the speedo circuit board to re-calibrated, i can not say it is 100% accurate but it is close. I do know that the Europe Version NSX come with 280 km/hr speedo which match the NSXR perfectly but it is very difficult to find it. Thanks!

Keno

Hi,

in that case, the problem can be in the circuit board itself.

As with the Bose amps and Climate ECU, the condensors (capacitors) on
    the cluster circuit borads also fail, and even there is one ocurrence of a fire
    in the US.

Nuno