Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Things you never see

Quote Originally Posted by goldtop View Post
    In that case, DVLA c*cked up when registering it. Unlikely to have been imported as a previously-unregistered JDM car, no?
    No it wasn't an unregistered car, it was imported and first registered in the UK in January 2000, but was a assigned a model/year of 1994 [which it isnt]

M988UJH was the original reg it was given in 2000, it also was registered as 2MY, KJ86 and RLH8 at a time.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

I just noticed the sill plate on the car, it's a 1991 going by the number on the plate.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

There's quite a few misregistered early cars floating about. I guess the late 90's was still a viable time to import cars from Japan at half reasonable prices. Anyway, easily recognisable as an early car, despite the wheels.

Cheers.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Interestingly the pound has been strengthening against the Yen, it's now around 170 compared to the 120-140 level it seemed to have been stuck at for the last 5 years or so.
    Purple '95 manual targa

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint View Post
    Interestingly the pound has been strengthening against the Yen, it's now around 170 compared to the 120-140 level it seemed to have been stuck at for the last 5 years or so.
    I'd noticed that too. Still a long way from the 240 days though. Still, it has to make some stuff more viable. The other thing I've noticed is how much price disparity there seems to be between different Japanese sellers.

Cheers.

A bit off-topic, and not for one second am I making a link between this and the 1991 / 1994 / 2000 car above - I found this http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/1454384.stm and this http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/1456337.stm which I had not heard about before. Did it affect anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by NZNick View Post
    A bit off-topic, and not for one second am I making a link between this and the 1991 / 1994 / 2000 car above - I found this http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/1454384.stm and this http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/1456337.stm which I had not heard about before. Did it affect anyone?

Just read the article. You really couldn't make it up;-)

I quote;

"In the programme, reporter Quentin Wilson poses as a crooked car salesman and meets a car dealer who boasts he can supply 30 or 40 Toyota Landcruiser cars at a time."

Just out of interest. What did he have to do to pose as a crooked car salesman?

Cheers.

Turn his collar up?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimer View Post
    Anybody noticed the weird Honda logo placement on the red 2005?
    Yes, it is too high - too near the windscreen by about 5-10cm. Wonder why?

I wasn't affected but might easily have been - I'd imported a GT-R (R33) via Sharjah, which is Dubai's neighbour, just before this whole stolen-in-Japan thing blew up. When car hunting, I did just miss out on a midnight pearl NSX for approx £10-12000 (this was a mid-90s car in 1999). Pretty sure that one came to the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou View Post
    "In the programme, reporter Quentin Wilson poses as a crooked car salesman and meets a car dealer who boasts he can supply 30 or 40 Toyota Landcruiser cars at a time."

Just out of interest. What did he have to do to pose as a crooked car salesman?
    I thought the exact same thing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234