Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Things you never see

Saw those at lunch today, does make pleasant reading...makes me partly wish I'd stretched to afford PW52 - Ian and Sharon's current steed. That's gotta be close to being a £40k car now...
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

2. Default

Certainly kicking myself at not getting a facelift a few years back now! As said, the red one has already gone at healthy money considering it had more than garage queen miles. I suppose the dealer assurance always adds a bit though.

Think i'll wait for Senna-mania to die down a bit and see how things go later in the year. Picking up a Turbo S on Thursday (feel better about paying for a car that has depreciated over 40%!) but would drop it in a heart beat for my faves of the Final 12: pearlescent white, pearlescent red or Paul's black one.
    '02 Honda NSX [Garage Queen]
    '17 Huracan Performante [Weekend Car]
    '19 Porsche Macan [Daily]

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Fenn View Post
    my faves of the Final 12: pearlescent white, pearlescent red or Paul's black one.
    On that subject, do we know if the JDM market got any special run-out NSXs? I presume there must have been something to mark the occasion.

4. Default

Hmm... doubt it, bear in mind you had the whole Customisation programme in Japan (where the final 12 colours were taken from) there was a lot you could already do in terms of options which we couldn't get over here.

Wouldn't be surprise if they did a nice model or keyring though!

Certainly kicking myself at not getting a facelift a few years back now! As said, the red one has already gone at healthy money considering it had more than garage queen miles. I suppose the dealer assurance always adds a bit though.

Think i'll wait for Senna-mania to die down a bit and see how things go later in the year. Picking up a Turbo S on Thursday (feel better about paying for a car that has depreciated over 40%!) but would drop it in a heart beat for my faves of the Final 12: pearlescent white, pearlescent red or Paul's black one.
    Unfortunately, I think the longer you wait the higher prices will rise. They've still got a way to go before they get anywhere near JDM prices, and that's before you've taxed and imported.

Cheers.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    Saw those at lunch today, does make pleasant reading...makes me partly wish I'd stretched to afford PW52 - Ian and Sharon's current steed. That's gotta be close to being a £40k car now...
    I would have thought any tidy well maintained, manual, facelift car with reasonable mileage would sell at £50k+. Don't know of a good facelift car that has sold for less in the last couple of years, even the early ones!

Olly

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou View Post
    Unfortunately, I think the longer you wait the higher prices will rise. They've still got a way to go before they get anywhere near JDM prices, and that's before you've taxed and imported.

Cheers.
    Getting close though. A 2005 Type S on Car Sensor £73k (before importing) represents good value in my eyes. There is a yellow facelift on there for £63k - not quite the disparity there once was.

It would be great to talk to people who buy the cars; are they first time buyers / repeat owners / colectors / investors?

And as demonstration of supply and demand, you can still get a tidy facelift in the US for the equivalent of £40k or less... if only!

Closer (for me) but no cigar.....http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/det...ml?TRCD=200002 only 29k Kms / 18k miles - nice leather and door inserts, just wrong colour. Not keen on the bling-finish wheels. Still big money compared to the UK, but not as steep as before.

That white 2005 Type S has only done 700kms, so virtually as-new !!
    Last edited by NZNick; 08-01-2014 at 07:19 AM.

Getting close though. A 2005 Type S on Car Sensor £73k (before importing) represents good value in my eyes. There is a yellow facelift on there for £63k - not quite the disparity there once was.

It would be great to talk to people who buy the cars; are they first time buyers / repeat owners / colectors / investors?

And as demonstration of supply and demand, you can still get a tidy facelift in the US for the equivalent of £40k or less... if only!
    I don't think I've looked as hard as you;-). Certainly the last time I looked, there was still a sizeable gap. I guess for many it seems like a hassle to import an unknown quantity. I've seen a lot of damage repaired JDM cars in the UK. However, if your agent knows his stuff, it's certainly worth a look.
    The LHD market's interesting; if you could put up with having the steering wheel on the wrong side and prefer a targa, there's certainly more of a choice. You might even be able to find a Zanardi?
    Still, if you've got to have a facelift, I think you've just got to be quick and flexible on colour/spec. My tactic is to buy what's available until I get a chance to buy the car I really want. Hopefully number eight will be the keeper.

Cheers.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast