Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad Times

1. Default Sad Times

Hi all,

After an extended period of life getting in the way….I’m back…Sadly though it’s to sell the NSX.
    Fortunately I don’t have the conundrum of most, of should I or shouldn’t I.
    I’m selling purely because it’s 99% certain that I’m moving Australia, and it’s just not worth taking it with me.
    I’m not planning on going until August at the earliest, so I’m not panic selling and realistically I’m going to try and wait for the weather to warm up a bit before I actually try to sell it, but I thought I would give people on here the heads up first.

The NSX is:

1997 RED Targa F-Matic
    85,000 Miles
    It’s had all it’s services done by my local Honda dealer, including the Timing belt, water pump etc in 2012

I have no idea what I should be asking for yet, but I’m aware I won’t get back what I paid for it which was £22,000 as I’ve actually used it over the past 3 ½ years.

If anyone has any questions, just shout, and happy Christmas to everyone.

James

Hi James, sorry to hear that you are selling but why not take it to OZ as they
    are even rarer out there & are more valuable as second hand cars are more
    expensive, plus right hand drive too.

Price wise with values going up in the last year or two, I would be pitching it at least
    in the mid 20s.

Good luck.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

3. Default

Thanks for the advice,

The main reason I can't take it with me is that I don't know where i'm going to end up....One way ticket and see where I can get a job.

On the basis that I don't really know anyone out there, it's like to be city apartment which makes having the NSX a bit of a non starter.

James

what about storing it, wait until you get settled and then ship her ...?
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

5. Default

PM you for the details.

I agree with Nobby on this - you will have 1 year from after you arrive as a permanent resident to bring in your NSX tax-free.

Your car will be worth more in Australia than in the UK - significantly more, so the cost of storage and transportation won't negate that extra cost.

See the Australia sections of both the NSXPrime and Pistonheads forums for more details.

I also agree with Andrew and Nick! They are a bit more expensive there, so unless you want to free up some cash to start a new way forward, I'd also look into importing the car to OZ.

As for the value, I think a 1997 Targa F-Matic with those miles is worth £22k all day long. Plus it's "RED" which is the big seller.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Hi James, shame we never had the chance to meet up after my move to Cambridge. Time just keeps disappearing here. Maybe if you're taking a while to market it we'll meet up at an Essex get-together in the Spring/Summer?

Autos do take longer to sell, but yours sounds like a well-kept one and the F-matic option may appeal more than the conventional auto.

And whatever you do, good luck with the life change thing.

9. Default

Hi,

Many thanks all for your support.

After chewing over the idea of storing and shipping for 24 hours, I've come up with the following plan:

Which is basically to try and sell it, and if whatever reason I can't, to then store and ship.

This will mean that I wont get to the point of having to panic sell.

This whole moving to the other side of the world malarkey, is turning out to be rather more stressful than I originally thought.....It would have probably been easier and definitely cheaper to find an Australian and marry them, than go down the whole skilled immigrant route....Still could be worse.... could be trying to migrate to the US, which is even more 'fun'

Yeah it is a shame we ever got to meet up Barry, life kept getting in the way!

Spring is a possibility, but hopefully it and I will be gone by the summer.

J

10. Default

Well my trusty NSX has been woken up from winter hibernation, and is going in for a minor service this weekend, at which point it will be for sale.

I'm just in the process of writing the advert now, does anyone know if the following advert has been placed by anyone from here, as i'd quite like to borrow the format, but thought i should ask first: http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...xperiment=true

Cheers

James

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast