Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NSX-R Owner contact

Default NSX-R Owner contact

Dear Friends,
    I am a long time NSX owner, had a red 91 in the UK about 15 years ago, a sebring silver 93 in Japan and a red 98-T CTSC (just sold) in the States/Japan.

I Will be returning to the UK from Japan in a few months, all going well I will have a nice white NA1 Type R with me. I know that there is a couple of green ones already in the UK and would appreciate if the owners could PM me as would like to understand how the conversion to MPH and fog lights were done on their cars. I would like to keep it looking as stock as possible - also looking for recommendations on shops that are familiar with NSXs that could do the work.

We will be living I expect in the Guildford area.

Thanks in advance and looking forward hopefully to meet some of you when you get together for events.
    //Kye

Kaz is your man for sourcing parts for the conversion to UK spec, although you should be able to obtain them in Japan while you are still there - speak to Kaz for part numbers etc. - and use the search function to see how people have documented lighting changes on JDM cars. An alternative will be Plans Motorsport at Dunsfold, just 10 miles south of the centre of Guildford - they have a long history of NSX dealings. Mark C who has a Type S is around the same distance north west of Guildford - his car may be similar in some respects to your Type R - I'm sure he will be keen for a compare and contrast session.

Finally a white NA1-R coming to the UK! Woo woo!

Hang on - I thought there was some issue with registering a Type R nowadays? Something to do with type approval.

Can someone remind me?

Would be great to see one.

Quote Originally Posted by goldtop View Post
    Hang on - I thought there was some issue with registering a Type R nowadays? Something to do with type approval.

Can someone remind me?

Would be great to see one.
    Nope no issues getting one registered, especially the 92-95 cars, also the 2002-2003 cars are easy now.

There already is a white NA1 NSX-R in the country, if not 2!
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    Nope no issues getting one registered, especially the 92-95 cars, also the 2002-2003 cars are easy now.

There already is a white NA1 NSX-R in the country, if not 2!
    Sudesh is that a repainted Charlotte?

Regarding MPH conversion, I did it on an NA1-R I owned, it was basically a little box that one piggybacks to the signal cable, and a sticker. Some people just black out the K in kph. Front fogs not required, rear one in the extra reverse light IIRC, with red coloured bulb and switch in centre console location.

I sit corrected! maybe with the Yen at 170:£1 it'll get a bit more viable to import the Type R?

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    Sudesh is that a repainted Charlotte?
    Hi Ary, my understanding is that there are 2 Charlotte (your ex plus Flemke's) and the white one. It popped up for sale about 5-6yrs ago, Scotland IIRC and sold quietly never to be seen so far. Suspect I know of the owner, low profile on here very rarely. At the time it sold the price was thought to be a 'little on the high side' for an NA1 coupe .... ha ha ha ... guess who laughing now ... smart purchase.

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Welcome to NSXCB!

First I've heard that there is a NA1 in white already here!

Is the owner of the NA2 a member on here anymore?
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast