Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Silverstone Classic 2014 25-27 July

Finally back in the mix ...

I had a great day on Sunday ... a early start, a mini convoy, a good trun out of NSX and of course all the wonderful owners who Ive missed for almost 2 yrs due to various personal issues.

My NSX is back to its original Magnum Grey glory, and was rewarding as ever to drive. Thanx go out to Mike for all his efforts, to Mark for access to some important details ;o) and to Kaz for his expert attention to detail as always.

The drive home took me south on the M1 that was grinding to a halt around J13 but for me this was OK I was always intending to avoid the motorway from there homewards. I enjoy the A507 cross country to Bishops Stortford, then the A120 and finally the A130 back to home. If you've never tried this route across country I highly receommend it. It was made all the better thanx to the mini-conveys of other classics also enjoying cross country travels. Safely home, Daddy stuff completed I sat down and enjoyed a good F1 race ...

I took a few photos so will endeavour to upload later ...

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Many thanks to Mike for organising a great event and apologies for not being able to spend more time on the stand.

The SE convoy having its moments starting with Senninha suprising me by coming at a great rate of knots from behind (ooo err Mrs!) in his newly found car and Phill doing a fanastic job in getting un-lost and arriving behind us as if we had travelled all together!

regards
    Rich

Really enjoyed attending our first Classic and to see so many well presented NSX.

Saddened though to hear that the driver who crashed in the pre 66 Grand Prix cars race died in the medical centre at the circuit. The long delay once the race had been stopped and the arrival of the air ambulance didn't bode well at the time.

May he RIP, condolences to his family.

http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/pr...cial-Statement

congrats to all for turning up,

thanks to Mike for his organisational and diplomatic skills!

thanks to Honda for the use of the huts and topiary, roll on next year!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Hello Mike,

Thanks for organising and general help, as always. Great job.
    Look forward to next year!!

Sean h

After a break of a few years great to see regular faces, some from a year or two ago and a few new ones as well!

Nicely sunburned by the end of the day too...

I forgot to say on the day but many thanks Mike for contacting the organisers and paving the way for a very late stand ticket!!

Next year should be good...with the track parade especially if the Euromob come over....

Just an idea to perhaps to Ian and Sharon who organise the pancake run.... What about a late pancake run, Fri & Sat with Sunday at Silverstone? Two birds/one stone but maybe offers something comparable to what they have done this year?

Discuss?????

Quote Originally Posted by Hagasan View Post
    After a break of a few years great to see regular faces, some from a year or two ago and a few new ones as well!

Nicely sunburned by the end of the day too...

I forgot to say on the day but many thanks Mike for contacting the organisers and paving the way for a very late stand ticket!!

Next year should be good...with the track parade especially if the Euromob come over....

Just an idea to perhaps to Ian and Sharon who organise the pancake run.... What about a late pancake run, Fri & Sat with Sunday at Silverstone? Two birds/one stone but maybe offers something comparable to what they have done this year?

Discuss?????
    I was thinking something similar, especially if we want to lure some guys from the European crowd.
    I think the track parade is fixed for the Saturday and the Silverstone event is Fri, Sat and Sunday. I don't think it is very fair to arrange other things on these days that Mike who has made all the effort in arranging the event for the club, would then not be able to attend or removing support for these days.
    If we can get things organised early we could possibly look at booking a venue to accommodate all people wishing to stay over and then build more things from that?

Olly

Due to health issues following an operation I decided to stay over this year. On Ian and Sharons recomendation we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at Loake Close Northampton just off junction 15 M1 fantastic . Great venue if looking to accommodate club members wishing to stay over.... 300 ish rooms , Very clean, nice rooms, great breakfast included, massive safe car park. BMW owners club and various teams stay there. We will book again for next year. Maybe Ian & Sharon can work there magic and block book for Friday and Saturday night.

Kingsley

Quote Originally Posted by lotusolly View Post
    I was thinking something similar, especially if we want to lure some guys from the European crowd.
    I think the track parade is fixed for the Saturday and the Silverstone event is Fri, Sat and Sunday. I don't think it is very fair to arrange other things on these days that Mike who has made all the effort in arranging the event for the club, would then not be able to attend or removing support for these days.
    If we can get things organised early we could possibly look at booking a venue to accommodate all people wishing to stay over and then build more things from that?

Olly
    I forgot about the parade being on the Saturday! My idea is certainly not to step on the toes or spoil the effort Mike puts into organising the Silverstone event. I'm not sure of many "safe" driving roads near Silverstone for a largish group of cars hence a first thought suggestion of incorporating the Welsh roads ala Pancake run. Maybe the Euro crown would enjoy all three days at Silverstone maybe not but I think a few days driving would be a necessary lure as well to make the trip worth their effort? Will they all handle driving on the left side as well as we do the right ;-)

So perhaps a few days before or after Silverstone might work but that ends up being weekdays...I have no idea. Like I was saying before, discuss or suggestions/ideas.....

I'd had similar thoughts...both about poaching S'stone Classic attendance, lack of suitable Midlands roads and the relative proximity of Wales (albeit with rather more (and less tolerant) trafpol than Germany...). Venue pre-booking is a very good idea though, esp. if we're looking at 30+ UK owners already!
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112