Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: "I'm going to keep my NSX stock"

Quote Originally Posted by Hagasan View Post
    I think it's the LEV engine that is more susceptible to the CEL than the earlier NA2 one?
    Didn't LEV come out in 2000?

Mine was a 2000 build/2001 registered with perforated leather so I think it's a 2000MY and a LEV model.

B-Line only offer the cats for '96-'05 models and assure me that through extensive testing they haven't had CELs triggered. But we'll see!
    Daily driver: Jaguar iPace HSE
    2000 NSX Coupe, Circuit Blue, was W2NSX now V6NSX
    Renault Megane RS Trophy R
    Other interesting mode of transport: Bell JetRanger

Quote Originally Posted by NoelWatson View Post
    Didn't LEV come out in 2000?
    Yes, the announcement was made on 21/09/99 that all future NSX would have LEV status, both manuals and automatics. The model codes changed to reflect this update, GH took over from E as the chassis prefix for both NA2 and NA1 variants. Later, the code changed to LA, and the final cars had the ABA prefix - all enjoyed LEV status.

Blog Entries

As mentioned many times on here, whenever buying any exhaust area parts from US, please be aware of the software/hardware differences in many areas comapred to other country spec.

The introduction of OBD2 on NSX was from 95 in US where as for the UK (and very likely to be the same for any European models) spec, it was only from 2002.

Having four O2 sensors doesn't mean you have OBD2 spec NSX and while there were already four O2 sensors from 95+ NSX models in US, UK spec won't see it until 97+ (97 – 01 are not full OBD2).
    Not many US vendors are aware of this or even knew about it, not much interest considering the size of the market.

The length/spec of CAT is different and thus, the secondary O2 sensor cable length is also different between US and UK models depending on the spec of your NSX.
    Even in US, there is a few mm difference on the NA2 header length depending on the year model.

This is the reason why from time to time when installing the exh area parts (CAT, test pipe, exh back box, etc) from US don't fit quite right due to several mm difference in alignment.

It's not the LEV spec that triggers the CEL.
    It's the above software/hardware combination with the signal condition of the secondary O2 sensor.

If your NSX is 2000 model, then very likely to be fine as you are not getting CEL under closed loop control but interesting to see what happens under prolonged open loop mode such as accelerating hard on straight line for long distance such as ¼ miles or testing for top speed.

For UK models, I think it will trigger CEL under hard acceleration for long period if using not sufficient cell CAT on 02+ models unless the secondary sensor head is shifted away somehow.

Kaz
    Last edited by Kaz-kzukNA1; 17-06-2014 at 02:29 PM. Reason: extra info

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz-kzukNA1 View Post

For UK models, I think it will trigger CEL under hard acceleration for long period if using not sufficient cell CAT on 02+ models unless the secondary sensor head is shifted away somehow.

Kaz
    This was exactly the type of condition that triggered my CEL on my 2004! I recall we even attempted to shield the sensor head but it didn't work

I have found 3 different typed of Cats, original spec 3.0, first 3.2 ( 97 t0 2000 ish and 2001 and up. I think that perhaps there was no a model year for the UK or the dealers registered the cars differently. I have even encountered a 3.2 exhaust from a 97, that was a 3.0 exhaust with oem adapters like in the USA when they changed the piping in 95.

So, in the never-ending quest to continue fiddling with my car, I bought a set of 02+ wheels. Not sure about the front clearance - they came with 225/45 tyres and the looked is a bit too slammed for my liking, we'll see how it performs out on the road.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140816_194911_zpsbyxvjfqs.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	173.1 KB 
ID:	12265

The wheel centres were a bit manky so I bought a silver carbon fibre skinning kit and some new honda logos and spent the last few nights doing them up. I'm really pleased with them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140816_194922_zpsjp5jmoee.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	12266
    Daily driver: Jaguar iPace HSE
    2000 NSX Coupe, Circuit Blue, was W2NSX now V6NSX
    Renault Megane RS Trophy R
    Other interesting mode of transport: Bell JetRanger

Silver rims on the Imola look so much better IMHO ...

is there any adjustment for the R suspension that you could raise the front slightly? Have the 17's all round improved the ride quality (assuming your set up is from an 02 NSX-R)?
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Love the look of the silver wheels Rob, altough "washi grey" also suits the IOP color very well. I would opt putting 215's on the front as they look a bit chubby at the moment...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456