Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "I'm going to keep my NSX stock"

[QUOTE=flyingsniffer;105805

StopTech slotted rotors installed on fronts, with braided brake lines in place.[/QUOTE]

Nice OEM refresh ;0)

are you stopping with just their discs and hoses, or have you the calipers to install as well?

good luck with the R suspension ...

rgds, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

My bad! Rotors are PowerSlot not Stoptech. Powerslot work with OEM calipers. I have sent my calipers to Biggred for refurb as they were looking pretty messy and rusty.

At the moment I'll stick with OEM for the calipers. I have heard a rumour that a supplier is working on a new caliper that works with OEM/Powerslot rotors so might go that way in the future.

Brake lines are Goodrich.

3 corners done now, with suspension, brake line done and new rotors in place. The rear suspension is a sonofabitch to get out, but a quick read on Prime shows how to use a piece of 4x2 to help. Not for the fainthearted but it works!
    Daily driver: Jaguar iPace HSE
    2000 NSX Coupe, Circuit Blue, was W2NSX now V6NSX
    Renault Megane RS Trophy R
    Other interesting mode of transport: Bell JetRanger

So, nearly there! Calipers received back from Biggred and installed this afternoon. No1 son corralled into being the footbrake operator while I bled the brakes. Pads are now OEM on rear and Carbone Lorraine RC5 on the front.

A big improvement over what was there before, lots of hours invested but it's all come together in the end. And I now have a few extra tools like a calibrated torque wrench which will no doubt come in handy again.

Final addition is a set of BBS RGR wheels in diamond black with a set of Rays wheels nuts. You can see the ride height change: I had read before somewhere that on NSX-R suspension, the front sits lower than the back which you can see.

[Oh and yes, that is a family of steel giraffes in the background. Don't ask, please]

Just the battery to re-install, suspension geometry to get done and then we'll see how really firm this suspension set up is.....

Have to say she sits a 'bit high' for NSX-R suspension...I would have thought there may have been a slight drop with these but looking well and great job.
    Great work on the discs and calipers. Let me know how you get on with the brake pad combo ... was looking at the RC5's as well but CL dont do rears
    Keep going with the updates!
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

it might be sitting high if it's just come off the jacks...

def need a picture of the Giraffes and an explanation! after all, you did bring them to our attention... you really want us to ask.... it's subliminal see.... you can't help it!!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

that thought had occured to me, but wanted to check just to be sure

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    it might be sitting high if it's just come off the jacks...
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

So, for sake of completeness, here is a pic of the calipers etc as it was

And Britlude, I did warn you. Hopefully these two photographs and the current weather forecast/recent weather will answer your question!

Mid December:

Last week:

The supplied ground anchors didn't work as advertised (to be fair, only one actually fell over, but the picture is staged fro dramatic effect).

cool, but i'm not sure what the dog makes of it!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Use the same anchor as that dogs'

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Maybe the dog did it ... he has shifty looking eyes ;o)
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast