Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "I'm going to keep my NSX stock"

Along the right lines.....

As for shipping, I bought bits from several places and had them shipped to a pal of mine in TN who is used to exporting stuff (usually helicopter parts, but the principle is the same). He made the crate up so everything fitted but no bigger and shipped it airfreight into Stansted where I picked it up in a van. It was done as a favour for me, not sure it's replicatable.

The shipping itself was remarkably cost-effective, but there's not much you can do on duty and VAT. I'd recommend the shippers, contact details by PM.
    Daily driver: Jaguar iPace HSE
    2000 NSX Coupe, Circuit Blue, was W2NSX now V6NSX
    Renault Megane RS Trophy R
    Other interesting mode of transport: Bell JetRanger

haha, you've been hanging around with too many boy racers Rob
    Not another NSX project!
    Porsche 997 GT3
    Porsche 981 Boxster S
    BMW E46 M3
    1998 NA2 Midnight Purple Targa Manual - Gone - to Thailand
    1999 NA2 Kaiser Silver Manual Track Car - Gone - and found its true destiny on the race track
    1992 NA1 Sebring Silver Coupe Manual -
    Gone (although still in my showroom in storage)

Yeah Mike, WAY too many

Quote Originally Posted by flyingsniffer View Post
    Yeah Mike, WAY too many
    I said I would keep mine stock.........I started with a gear knob.....one sniff of the crack pipe and thats it....Ariel/ Double DIN unit, Dash, detailing and more detailing, paintwork correction, Wheels upgrade, new tyres, NSX branded fitted cover for the winter, possible new exhaust next spring. Cant stop now!.........there are some bad boys in this owners club
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Be careful with the exhaust tip, I had a similar exhaust in Ti ages ago and it melted one side of the rear balance, granted it was decated and I had spent a quite some time in the red zone!

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    Be careful with the exhaust tip, I had a similar exhaust in Ti ages ago and it melted one side of the rear balance, granted it was decated and I had spent a quite some time in the red zone!
    Thanks - I ended up using some aftermarket exhaust rubbers (like these http://www.driftworks.com/uprated-ex...nger-long.html) to give me more clearance on the valance as on stock it was too tight/close.

And the next few bits out of the box of fun......

NSX-R front anti roll bar (new from Science of Speed)

NSX-R suspension - used but in great condition

Here's a pic of the NSF leg in place but not tightened up. Getting the new one in was a helluvalot easier than getting the stock one out!

Time to enjoy my fillings while I can.

be interesting to see what you think of the NSX-R suspension; have looked at a few sets going on prime over the past year or so even thought about it myself but decided with BC Coilovers in the end as i was concerned about our roads with this setup

some nice mods there for a 'standard car'
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

No-one seems that interested so just a quick update.

StopTech slotted rotors installed on fronts, with braided brake lines in place. You can't see behind here, but new drop lins installed on the NSX-R anti-roll bar too: £10 each off a bloke on eBay!

I've decided to send my calipers off for refurb as they were in pretty poor shape. The rears were an absolute b***h to get off and the usual handbrake seizure has been freed off - no wonder it was only marginal at MOT time.

Note the non-standard disc screws. I had to drill all four screws out so I have replaced them with a similar set. I had to tap the holes with an M6 tap to redo the threads.

Once calipers are back, I will finish the fronts and move onto the rear suspension and brake lines.
    Last edited by flyingsniffer; 27-11-2013 at 07:54 PM.

looking good.

I need to sort out my brakes, what made you go for the stoptech?
    was this part of the bundle you got shipped from the US or did you buy the discs somewhere within the UK?

Im interested in your wee project so keep the updates coming!

"The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast