Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: "I'm going to keep my NSX stock"

I would put nothing past Rocky, but generally only if there was food involved. And he may be a bit dumb, but I doubt even he would forsee any nutritional value in a metal giraffe.

But it does look a little like he has brought down his own herd of giraffes. I put the picture on FB yesterday and someone accused me of animal cruelty. I think​ they were joking....
    Daily driver: Jaguar iPace HSE
    2000 NSX Coupe, Circuit Blue, was W2NSX now V6NSX
    Renault Megane RS Trophy R
    Other interesting mode of transport: Bell JetRanger

Looking very good Rob! Thanks for the coffee friday was good seeing you!

The calipers looked like new!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingsniffer View Post
    So, for sake of completeness, here is a pic of the calipers etc as it was

And Britlude, I did warn you. Hopefully these two photographs and the current weather forecast/recent weather will answer your question!

Mid December:

Last week:

The supplied ground anchors didn't work as advertised (to be fair, only one actually fell over, but the picture is staged fro dramatic effect).
    Giraffe's are pretty cool, we saw them at a trade show we went to earlier in the year along with a few other animals!

Back to the "stock" NSX, Some nice upgrades that will enhance the drive even more, keep posting.
    Cheers
    PG

Very nice car, love the colour. How would you rate the NSX-r suspension? Is it alot stiffer than the standard setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
    Very nice car, love the colour. How would you rate the NSX-r suspension? Is it alot stiffer than the standard setup?
    I've yet to try it in anger (weather and a current inability to drive due to broken limb) but the answer to the second question is.....YES!

Anyway, a few months later and broken limb on the mend, the NSX was serviced, taxed and MOT'd. Finally took the car out for a dry road run on the local lanes this morning...and it was horrible.

On anything other than a perfectly smooth road, the car felt like it was 'porpoising': it was really struggling to get the power down and it was 'bouncing', even at low speeds. The cornering was superb but it just wasn't nice to drive.

Taking the tyre pressures down a bit definitely helped, so it got me thinking. When the Honda engineers designed the NSX-R, they put the car on 17" wheels with 40 profile tyres: I was running 17/18" with 40/35 profiles - so just maybe the sidewall was a major element of the set up, especially as the NSX-R suspension is so stiff.

My next step was to go back to OEM wheels (16"/17", 45/40) - and it was transformed. No noticeable loss of cornering ability and the ride is much, much better. Even the squeaks from the interior all but disappeared.

So it looks like the spacers are going back on and the OEM wheels stay...until a set of NSX-R wheels come up

NSXs seem to drive nicer on the little cotton reels anyway (unsprung mass as much as anything else) so perhaps that was also exacerbating the unfortunate effects.

Anyway, the OEMs look way better so no loss there, then!
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by flyingsniffer View Post
    I would put nothing past Rocky, but generally only if there was food involved. And he may be a bit dumb, but I doubt even he would forsee any nutritional value in a metal giraffe.

But it does look a little like he has brought down his own herd of giraffes. I put the picture on FB yesterday and someone accused me of animal cruelty. I think​ they were joking....
    Is he an American Bulldog?

IMHO the NSX handles better on 17s.

Rocky? No, he's a white boxer. He is a rescue dog (found tied up in Welwyn Garden City).

He is a terrible thief and he digs holes in the lawn. But we put up with him as he generally a nice dog. Boxers are great dogs but you need to train them early...and he clearly wasn't.

Well by the looks of the picture he landed on all four when he found you, as he looks really well fed and muscular. From the distant he reminds me of my parents old dog abroad, an American Bullldog, Argentinian Dogo mix. Pure white and with a superb demeanour. Long may Rocky continue to innocently misbehave. :-)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast