Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Won't start - Main relay - how to check?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hondaboy View Post
    Just resoldered my main relay on the prelude 3rd gen so it's not just the nsx that suffers this lol

yes I'm still hanging about this forum god I miss my nsx
    maybe you will miss it soooo much that you will eventually get back into one

Quote Originally Posted by 328 View Post
    i would guess mine was just old age! Wear and tear....but saying this at lest it lasted 23 years!
    As far as I can tell from my records mine has never been changed and is into its 21st year, I carry a spare just in case but now I have to beat 23 years!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    As far as I can tell from my records mine has never been changed and is into its 21st year, I carry a spare just in case but now I have to beat 23 years!
    Lol....just don't drive your car like what I did for the past couple of years and your bound to sail past 23 years!

That'll learn me not to believe you lot!

I'd moved my cars onto the wayleave behind the house, so I could mess around with the Legend.

Finished up, started NSX and just sat there cranking. It 'caught' after turning it on and off again, so I took it for a thrash to punish it.

Just bought an unused 39400-SL0-A01 off Fleabay for £70 (Senna.C?), so it looks like serendipity is on my side today! Could've been a lot worse.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Default Resistance is futile

Quick post mortem on the old relay:

Most are OK, but the current across the relays themselves seems to have met high resistance and began to melt the shellack (or whatever it is these days).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180623_152018570a.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	108.2 KB 
ID:	13455  
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12