Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NSX Club Europe Tour 2014

Default NSX Club Europe Tour 2014

After this years Lemans meeting we believe it's time to "raise the bar" for 2014. At Lemans we received quite some input on what went "wrong" this year. This was very valuable info that both Dimer and me (Bas) have taken into account when looking at a program for 2014. Below you will find a provisional program for 2014, why provisional? Because we have to await the 2014 track calender which will be released in December by all tracks to make sure there are no major events. But we will make it definite ASAP!

The Program:

16th of may:
    14:00 Start of the meeting at Circuit Spa Francorchamps Belgium (time to catch up and shake hands)
    15:00: VIP tour of the Circuit, (paddock zones, Pitlanes, Boxes, Media centre etc. etc.)
    17:00: Check in at "Hotel La Source" http://www.hotel-de-la-source.com/en/hotel/presentation
    19:00: Dinner at Hotel La Source
    21:30: Time to hit the hotel bar

17th of may:
    09:00: Start of a "navigated" drive to the Nurburgring through the Eiffel (in both a tour and sport group)
    11:30: Arrival at the Nurburgring, "track safety training / driving tips" from multple podium / VLN winner Stefan Wolflick (a nurburgring veteran)
    13:00: Short lunch (this is final yet)
    13:45: Time to hit the Nordschleife (touristenfahrten), please note this is at own risk / costs. Stefan Wolflick is available to join you giving you live driving tips at extra costs (TBA).
    18:30: Check in at Dorint hotel Nurburgring (located at the start finish of the GP track)
    19:00: Dinner at Dorint hotel Nurburgring (or a local restaurant located near the ring)
    21:00: Awards will be given out as we did this year at Lemans
    21:30: Time to hit the hotel bar and exchange your Nurburgring experience with fellow owners

18th Of May:
    09:00: Start of a "navigated" drive to Hondafest Venlo, taking your again through the Eiffel and over the German Autobahn (1 stretch with no speed limit)
    11:00: Arrival at Hondafest, a big Honda event (which had a great kickoff last year) with Souly Honda Enthusiasts. Last year they had a record amount of Type R's that gathered there. All NSX'es will get a centre spot at the meeting.
    ????: End of the meeting where everybody can go their own way.

Currently the above is still to be confirmed, but we sure hope you like the provisional program. We have currently asked all Hotel's / restaurants to give us package deals on meals / rooms and we will get you a "Package price" ASAP. Looking at costs we are trying to keep costs at around € 199,00 per person (being based on 2 people per car). This includes Hotel rooms (with breakfast), VIP tour at Spa, Nurburgring track safety / tips course, Entry to Hondafest Venlo and Diner on both evenings.

To get an accurate number of attendee's we would like to ask you to fill out an RSVP here:

http://nsxclubeurope.com/?p=688

Well done for the pre -planning ... any thoughts on an actual track session at Spa?
    (assume this is happening but schedule dates yet tbc by track)
    Defo food for thought for me
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Trackday on Spa is high on the list, and we are awaiting info from Spa, the only real issue there is insurance and renting the track.
    It will cost around € 12000,00 to rent it for a day, but insurance etc etc pushes the price up. And at Lemans there where only 4 track drivers.

So yes we are looking into it, but it can probably only be done in combination with another party. (which we are in contact with to see if we can make it happen)

RSVP'd

Japfest will have to wait another year...

I thought Spa would be £££s to hire.

An alternative that I have come across (we do a lot of driving work in Belgiun) is Circuit Mettet (http://www.circuit-mettet.be/). It's a lot cheaper but it isn't Spa, that's for sure! And as Bas says, it needs a few people to commit to drive on the circuit.
    Daily driver: Jaguar iPace HSE
    2000 NSX Coupe, Circuit Blue, was W2NSX now V6NSX
    Renault Megane RS Trophy R
    Other interesting mode of transport: Bell JetRanger

Would be nice to get a few dozen parade laps round Spa...

I would be happy just taking part in a normal track session if required ... did not think about exclusively booking

could be a potential trip as its my 40th year
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Well the car will need a bl**dy good run by then so add me to your list, and if there's a few laps of Spa in the mix I'd be very happy rgds Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

I'm a very keen maybe for this. Annoyingly though, the only thing in my diary for 2014 is Japan for 2 weeks from the 19th! That date's not set in stone yet, so I'll see if it's moveable.

Good to see all the positive reactions on here, as said the trackday at Spa is high on the list we are awaiting Spa's confirmation on this. We looked into alternatives like Mettet and Zolder, but really they don't offer the magic and scenery of Spa. Furthermore not the driving roads, as i can tell you from experience driving from Spa to the Nurburgring is a track on it's own.

We already have had 9 people sign up, for those that want to attend please fill out the RSVP here so we can get accurate numbers for booking hotel's and the tours. It can be filled out here, please also add your email so we can also email you the info!

http://nsxclubeurope.com/?p=688

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast