Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Senna's NSX

1. Default

My blog contains all the information of my trip to purchase the red Senna NSX

http://sennamcf.wordpress.com

A fascinating purchase and a car I would very much like to see...again!

We were on holiday in Vale Verde (where Senna had a house) and the red car was on display in a local car dealership.

You mention that there is little physical evidence to tie the black car too Senna - how about yours?

It's nice to read about a car coming into the UK - most seem to be heading the other way!

I'm in West Sussex, along with a few other owners, so a trip out to visit you in December should hopefully be possible.
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Quote Originally Posted by Senna red nsx owner View Post
    Are you sure you Senna had a house there? His European home was at 31 Sunset, Quinta Do Lago and the local Honda dealership who supplied Ayrton the car was MS Cars who i purchased the car from. My car is featured in Videos and Books and as you can see it has a fax from Honda Portugal confirming as well as other documents.
    Vale Verde and Quinta Do Lago run into each other so I am sure that you are correct about Senna's address.

When I saw the car it was in a Honda dealership on the main road heading west away from Faro airport.

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Just to confirm that you are correct in your assertion that Ayrton was indeed a resident of Quinta do Lago...I took this photo of a street there named in his honour:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1351_senna.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	11975  
    Last edited by WhyOne?; 06-11-2013 at 09:39 AM.

Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

I live in Poole in Dorset and would love to come and see the car if you have an unveiling for a group of enthusiasts

We will be driving it back from Faro by the end of the month, I saw both the black one and the red one when I flew into faro for the day last week. I have seen a lot of rubbish written about both and the day I went there was the best day of my life. BOTH ARE THE REAL DEAL. The black one comes with little proof except while I was having lunch which the Father and Son of MS Cars, who owned the red one, they confirmed the black one went through them as they knew Antonio Brage, Senna's best friend. I was to afraid to drive the car when I was there but bought it anyway. I live in East Sussex and if anyone wants to come and see it, you can make an appointment from December onwards. Saves having to fly to Faro which I had to.
    Scott
    1994 Red/black roof NA1 Manual
    1993 Red/black roof NA1 Auto - SOLD
    2001 Imola Orange Pearl NA2 T manual - SOLD
    2019 Mercedes GLC - Daily Drive

Previous Toys
    Chesil Porsche Speedster
    GTD GT40 5.7 L Ford
    2008 CAV GT40 5.7 L Ford Audi 6 speed trans
    Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans
    Superformance AC Cobra 427 SC
    Factory Demonstrator Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans

I have purchased this car and will be bringing it back to the UK shortly.
    Well done and welcome to our little group. Did it come with any provenance that he did drive it?
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Congratulations...............I live in Cheshire but love to come to any proposed unveiling oportunity .....I wonder if Geoff still has his hose pipe for photo shoot.

Kingsley

8. Default

yes read my blog at http://sennamcf.wordpress.com/ also it is shown in the ayrton film "racing is in my blood" bit painful really as he wheel span my lovely car. for him though i forgive.

this via the european NSX facebook group....

http://sennamcf.wordpress.com/

and it does explain the BSS 8888 numberplate in the Honda Hands advert.

hmmm why didn't i see the above post???? lol
    Last edited by britlude; 06-11-2013 at 11:08 PM.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Hi Rob,

Congratulations on tracking down this NSX and acheiving what must surely be a very special personal goal.

Welcome to NSXCB and for sharing this news with us all. Like many I look forward to meeting you and this cherished piece of NSX, Ayrton and Honda history.

You mention that it may not be driven much ... I do hope you get to enjoy driving it occasionally.

I found your blog very interesting, again thank you for sharing.

Well done and enjoy your new NSX.

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast