Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New floor mats

Default New floor mats

Group Buy details from post #45 http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.ph...439#post105439

Whilst wandering around Silverstone classic (as you do when you are there for 3 days) I kept being drawn to the autostyle.co.uk stand in the trade village. My car , being a daily driver needs mats, and again, being a daily driver, I don’t want to use/ruin the JDM shaggy OEM mats that came with the car, saving that for the shows!

At the Silverstone classic, the guys at autostyle had decided not to try last years approach of bringing 150 different mat sets, and taking 148 of them home again as they never met the car/colour/grade/edge trim/logo requirements of the customer, but this time just brought carpet colour and grade samples, with various trim/stitching examples. Buying mats over the interweb is a pain as you’re never quite sure how good the high quality OEM standard ones are, and they are usually no better than a normal £5 Wilko door mat!

Anyway, with the carpet samples on show I was quite taken by the dark green they had on offer (I know, more colour co-ordination!) Then I had the edging debate… would green be too much? would black be better? If I go black should I have green stitching, or green with black? Maybe no bother at all…. But the green carpet does look nice! I even got a small seat leather sample from my car to check the colour (no idea why I still have it in the ashtray, but the leather does smell nice!).. pointless really because pretty much any green goes with any green! If it didn’t trees would clash with themselves!

Turns out the green carpet was obtained from surplus stock from Bentley! That’ll explain why it was a better quality than all the rest on offer! So after careful deliberation and a slap from Sarah for dithering I decided on green with green, green stitching and NSX embroidery! £60 was duly handed over and they’d be made to order!

A fortnight later they arrived! I wasn’t disappointed!

with very nicely embroidered NSX legends, the stitching sheen changing with different light angles!

nice! However it does leave me with a slight problem…. These might now have to be my new ‘posh’ set… they are that nice I don’t want to get them dirty…
    Last edited by Senninha; 24-10-2013 at 10:10 AM. Reason: GB Link added
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

If I could get a set as nice as those in black, i'd order a set from all the way over here.
    Those are the danglies.

Cheers
    nigel

They look nice.
    Surprised you didnt purchase more of the carpet to replace your OE one...

What backing have they got or are they secured by tabs?

This thread is perfect timing. My green targa has tan leather, but the carpets have been changed to black. Some cream/tan mats would be a step in reverting closer to OEM.

I'll check out the Website today.

One Q, and showing my ignorance: does the NSX have a locating lug/hole for the driver's side, and if so does this company's mats have the relevant hole?

Those are unbelievably nice, if they can make a set in black thats similar quality i would be a definite buyer!

Quote Originally Posted by goldtop View Post
    This thread is perfect timing. My green targa has tan leather, but the carpets have been changed to black. Some cream/tan mats would be a step in reverting closer to OEM.

I'll check out the Website today.

One Q, and showing my ignorance: does the NSX have a locating lug/hole for the driver's side, and if so does this company's mats have the relevant hole?
    I bought a set of this company's mats last year. They can provide tabs and place the locating holes for you for both driver and/or passenger sides. One way is to make a paper template of existing mats and their hole position then sending it to them...best contact them direct for exact instructions though...

Quote Originally Posted by goldtop View Post
    Mine does not have locating lugs so I don't think all had them....or are they a retro fit item that can be installed? Never looked into it before....off to Google now...

I will check my car for these lugs/holes later.

But I did just check out the Website and they claim that they WILL NOT add the 'NSX' logo. In fact, no manufacturer or model names are allowed. Presumably the OP's were done by a nod/wink in person at the show?

Very nice and good value
    Scott
    1994 Red/black roof NA1 Manual
    1993 Red/black roof NA1 Auto - SOLD
    2001 Imola Orange Pearl NA2 T manual - SOLD
    2019 Mercedes GLC - Daily Drive

Previous Toys
    Chesil Porsche Speedster
    GTD GT40 5.7 L Ford
    2008 CAV GT40 5.7 L Ford Audi 6 speed trans
    Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans
    Superformance AC Cobra 427 SC
    Factory Demonstrator Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    They look nice.
    Surprised you didnt purchase more of the carpet to replace your OE one...

Damn you, putting ideas in my head!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast