Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nsx values

Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post
    Was it ever buttons to run/take care off?

no surprise there re Ferrari costs ... Sudesh can also depress you re Lamborghini prices compared to our p&j's
    On some parts yes, but there are a bits on the Diablo, that you could buy a whole on the road NSX for lol

But yeah a recent example for me was the purchase of the SE30 steering wheel, when doing some refresh work on the Diablo, I noticed the old wheel was made by Raid, a well know company that makes many wheels for car manufacturers, So I hoped onto eBay to see if I could find one like the SE30, and to my luck, there it was!! It was the only one listed, so I bought it for £40! All I needed was the centre pad and badge to finish the job which I bought new from Lamborghini at around £80, the wheel is like brand new condition! Compare that to say an NSX-R wheel, its actually laughable! Even NEW the SE30 wheel is £300 and that comes complete, and when I say complete I mean everything! BOSS, BOLTS, BADGE, CENTRE PAD and so forth.

SE30 wheel

Old one

Just bought all new light for the rear as the old ones were showing signs of condensation, and looking dull on the reverse one, they are made by Cobo, so managed to find a cobo dealer just 3 miles from my house, price, around £17 per light!! Think one NSX tail light is around £350

Couldn't find the OEM front fogs at reasonable money though, about £1000 for the 4, so I bought some on good old ebay that look similar and really liked the look, the price, £5.00 for a set lol

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

the wheel is fantastic ... lifts the interior no end!
    top job with the fog lights as mentioned previously
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou View Post
    I think you're half right. Certainly early NSX's haven't made the same gains as late cars. But they are rising respectably. Facelifts on the other hand have lept £20K plus in the last two and a half years. That's a big increase. Arguably better than most. With regard to the cars you mention; the CSL's haven't made massive gains. The low mileage clean cars have been in the thirties for quite a while. It's a very 'mileage' dependent car when it comes to value. Rightly or wrongly, the SMG gearbox certainly hasn't helped it's value. As for the E30's; yes, the sport evo's have made crazy gains in the last few years. But the 'normal' m3's still sit in the teens and low twenties.
    The 90's F cars. Having had plenty of experience with Ferrari dealers. These cars can financially cripple if bought in haste. Even if you're careful. Own one long enough and there will be a painful bill along the way. Look at it any way you want. The NSX is, for most an affordable prospect in comparison. Unless you over service of course.
    Finally. The one I'm having trouble with at the moment is the 996 GT3. Some of the lower mileage cars are now making close to 997 money. Nothing wrong with the 996, but the 7 is regarded as the aesthetically more attractive and the better car. It's easier to live with and newer without any real loss of 'purity' (I feel sick). It's also less costly to run, judging by some of the bills the 996 owners are getting.
    So, in a rational world, wouldn't one choose the later car? I realise that I'm skating very close to those that would have me drive an R8 for the same money. Perhaps I've answered my own question.
    I imagine the answers simple. If only I knew some Latin.

Cheers.

i have a 996 gt3 mk2 with 16k miles on it. You raise an interesting conundrum vis 997 b
    ut here's the answer as I believe it. The 996 has anti lock brakes. That's it. If you can drive it fast, you're a good driver. The 997 variety takes a step closer to the digital proposition with its traction control and pasm (in most cases). While I believe the words just written, they came from the mouth of Mike Wilds who does a lot of driver training these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirejo View Post
    i have a 996 gt3 mk2 with 16k miles on it. You raise an interesting conundrum vis 997 b
    ut here's the answer as I believe it. The 996 has anti lock brakes. That's it. If you can drive it fast, you're a good driver. The 997 variety takes a step closer to the digital proposition with its traction control and pasm (in most cases). While I believe the words just written, they came from the mouth of Mike Wilds who does a lot of driver training these days.
    Before I got the NSX I looked at the 996 GT3, but as pointed out above, it requires a good driver to go fast, so that ruled it out for a man of my ability. New EVO just arrived where they test the latest GT3 - off to have a read before the sun goes down.

On the subject of Evo, there was a recent test of all the GT3s, especially with the new one coming out and
    interestingly, the mark 1 was highly rated by all the writers!
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

...but less so by the owners!

There were a couple of guys on S2K who progressed to GT3s and (despite regular track days) found the car wasn't really much fun and too impractical day-to-day.

Be very sceptical of hacks and their continuous German queero-worshipping propaganda.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post
    ...but less so by the owners!

There were a couple of guys on S2K who progressed to GT3s and (despite regular track days) found the car wasn't really much fun and too impractical day-to-day.

Be very sceptical of hacks and their continuous German queero-worshipping propaganda.
    The GT3 is very harsh on the road and although sounds nice from outside is very quiet inside (based on 997 gt3 experience only), Much prefer the NSX for everyday driving.

On another subject, has anyone seen Senna's NSX on ebay? its in portugal, bids are going up......
    Formula Red NA2
    Imola Orange NA2
    Yellow NA2

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mjames75 View Post
    The GT3 is very harsh on the road and although sounds nice from outside is very quiet inside (based on 997 gt3 experience only), Much prefer the NSX for everyday driving.

On another subject, has anyone seen Senna's NSX on ebay? its in portugal, bids are going up......
    Think the motoring press generally just bum Porsches. Had a 997 Carrera S and Turbo and as an all-rounder, vastly overrated and lacking in character too. More a status symbol really.

Drove a Mk1 GT3 and was distinctly unimpressed, although it had done a fair mileage. Regardless, it looks like a bar of soap whereas the 997 GT3 is a very good looking car, IMO. Although i love the Gen 2's looks even more, they went a step too far with the harshness. The new 991 GT3 looks like a relative bargain and will surely nick sales from the upcoming Turbo; very tempting.
    '02 Honda NSX [Garage Queen]
    '17 Huracan Performante [Weekend Car]
    '19 Porsche Macan [Daily]

Having read the latest Evo, the new 991 GT3 is quicker only just than the Mac around the track
    they use & its £80-90K cheaper!
    Honda's Finest Hour

I know someone has touched on this before, but here's Senna's car on ebay!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1811921500...84.m1423.l2649
    Honda's Finest Hour

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast