Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: nice lbb facelift nsx on PH.

Default nice lbb facelift nsx on PH.

Nice facelift lbb nsx, look like a bargain.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...--2002/1559015

Looking at the wheels and reference to damaged front corner, I would guess this is James's old car which would explain the low price.

Not certain but quite distinct similarities.

Olly

Nice ... Hopefully he still has original OEM rims though

its a 'James' selling too
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by lotusolly View Post
    Looking at the wheels and reference to damaged front corner, I would guess this is James's old car which would explain the low price.

Not certain but quite distinct similarities.

Olly

i had the same thought within the first few lines of the add ....
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Not sure that the wheels do the colour any favours - OEM wheels just look right.

Same thoughts as others - HPI clear though?

Difficult morally for me to discuss on a public forum. Taking into account the feelings on the current owner. The short answer is; yes, this is the car I crashed at Combe a few years back.
    The insurance company payed out, due to the cost of repair. It was then sold at auction to the current owner.
    Before the accident it was in excellent condition. Because it was a track day accident, it didn't make it onto the V-car register. Not having seen the car since its been back on the road, I cannot comment on the quality of the repair. But I have spoken with the owner a few times and he seems like the kind of person who'd want to do the job right.

Cheers.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Wow, was looking at this one with a twitch in my trigger finger. :o

Advert says "unmolested" and "original paintwork except for some work to one front corner a couple of years ago" - that quite literally is glossing over the repair.

However, he says "work was done by the main dealer - warranted with receipts" so he's got a bill from Mr Honda for £30k to prove the crash damage was repaired properly.

Good to see the car back on the road

It should never have been "written off", even if technically it wasn't, in the first place. All because the lazy, corrupt insurance industry hasn't ensured that the infrastructure is in place to cost effectively repair aluminium cars properly. Many an Elise/Exige has gone to an early grave for the same reason. I guess VH platform Aston's (DB9, AMV8 etc )will start to suffer the same fate now that their value has dropped and F360/430's, R8's etc will soon go the same way... OR perhaps the industry's will soon be geared up to deal with these new fangled aluminium machines

Cheers

Mark
    The older I get, the faster I was

Well said that man ... and having seen the results from the refresh to the IOP it shows they can be repaired well and go on to provide another owner with smiles of pleasure ...

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    Good to see the car back on the road

It should never have been "written off", even if technically it wasn't, in the first place. All because the lazy, corrupt insurance industry hasn't ensured that the infrastructure is in place to cost effectively repair aluminium cars properly. Many an Elise/Exige has gone to an early grave for the same reason. I guess VH platform Aston's (DB9, AMV8 etc )will start to suffer the same fate now that their value has dropped and F360/430's, R8's etc will soon go the same way... OR perhaps the industry's will soon be geared up to deal with these new fangled aluminium machines

Cheers

Mark
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast